xxiii. silver arrowhead

(    XXIII

( XXIII. SILVER ARROWHEAD )

STILES FELT LIKE HE WAS DYING. And that was seriously an understatement. After having his soul literally come out of his body— and he meant that in every single way possible, he couldn't believe he was alive. But, now, he wished he were dead— especially when the guilt of having Amelie kidnapped ate at him.

"Do you recognize me?" Noshiko, Kira's mom, asked him when he stepped out of Scott's bedroom. Solemnly, he nodded and stepped forward to meet her.

Suddenly, the door slammed open and in came Kira yelling, "Stop!"

"It's okay," Stiles said, his voice shaking, smiling tightly to the girl. "I'm the one who asked her to come."

     "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords," Kira corrected before turning to her mother. "Mom, don't do this to him."

     "It's already done."

     Just like that, the Oni appeared on command. They materialized out of the shadows. One of them grabbed Stiles and flashed their neon eyes at him. He felt this wave of coldness overcome him— and he was already cold so this wasn't exactly helping.

     When the Oni released him, he fell to the ground shaking uncontrollably. "Look behind his ear," Noshiko said hurriedly and Scott stepped forward to his best friend, pushing his ear forward to look for the 'S'.

     "It worked," Scott sighed in relief.

     "So, I'm actually me?" Stiles stuttered over his words, as he carried himself to his feet. He didn't feel like himself.

     "More you than the Nogitsune," Noshiko gave him a tight smile.

     "Can the Oni find him?"

     "Tomorrow night," Noshiko answered, her eyes trained on the window where the sun was almost out. "It's too close to dawn now."

     "Can they kill him?"

     "Depends on how strong he is," Noshiko shrugged.

     "What about Amelie?" Stiles asked the biggest question on his mind. "Why would he take her? We can't just leave her until tomorrow, right?"

     "He would only take her for an advantage."

     "You mean her power?" Scott frowned.

     "The power of the Anchor."

🥰

     Amelie's eyes opened with a gasp.

     Her vision distorted, her mouth dry, her bones aching— Amelie didn't know where she was. The last memory running through her head was Void grabbing her and the world around her going black.