lx. on the other side

(   LX

(   LX. ON THE OTHER SIDE   )

     "THE CORPUS CALLOSUM IS NOT ONLY THE LARGEST WHITE MATTER STRUCTURE IN THE BRAIN, but also the bridge connecting all parts of the brain to each other," Mrs Finch explained to the class. Amelie sat in front of Scott and Lydia, her eyes barely opened since she'd been up all night, looking for any sort of connection to Stiles, "The ability for all parts of the brain to communicate and to work together help us make leaps in cognitive thinking. Any questions? Thoughts? Insight? Lydia?"

     "...I completely agree."

     The Anchor turned to look at the Banshee, who was staring outside the window and at the parking lot. Even though a part of her was still angry at them, she knew they had good intentions at heart. This wasn't the time to step away from them. They still had to find Stiles. Narrowing her eyes through the window, she understood what she'd been looking at. A blue Jeep was mysteriously parked— one that she'd never seen before.

     "Is there something outside that's more fascinating than the structure of the human mind?" Mrs Finch quirked an annoyed brow at the strawberry blonde.

     "No... I don't think so..." Lydia trailed off but cleared her throat when Mrs Finch glared at her, "No."

     "Okay, good. Now, many people credit the corpus callosum, uh, for giving us a sense of intuition, gut instinct, that even we ourselves aren't aware—"

     "I'm sorry, I'll be right back," Lydia's chair screeched as she ran out of the classroom. Amelie sat up straight. After Lydia, Scott was next to follow, "I'm just gonna check if she's okay..."

     That was her cue to get up, "Me too... We're a package... Bye..."

     "...You guys know that classes aren't optional, right?"

     "Hey! Hey, you can't tow this Jeep!" Amelie heard Lydia shout to the driver.

     "Paperwork says I can," The driver smirked, "It's reported as abandoned."

     "And now it's not," Lydia smirked as she placed her hand on the Jeep.

     "Oh, this is your vehicle?"

"Does it matter?"

"Sounds like a "no."

Finally, Scott and Amelie caught up with the Banshee. "It's mine! Uh, my Jeep. Thank you," Scott panted, "I'll move it... once I get the keys... from my locker... after you leave."

"I'm sorry. Once it's on the hook..."

"Please don't say, "You're on the hook," Amelie grimaced.

"Well, I can't now..."

"Oh, I... Okay, look, there's gotta be something that we can do," Scott said desperately, "Sign something? Call someone?"