xxviii. intuitionists

(   XXVIII

(   XXVIII. INTUITIONISTS   )

     CHANGE WAS SOMETHING AMELIE WAS USED TO BY NOW. Change surrounded her everywhere she went— like a mirror house. Everywhere she went, she was met by something that would change her life. When her dad passed away, her life changed, her mother had become detached, had found solace in work. Amelie had adopted the role of being a mother figure to her little sister.

     When she discovered the supernatural world, it dragged her by the hand and faced her first hand— assigning her with the role of a barrier between the living and dead. When her friends died, she was met with frowns and disagreement from the one she wanted support from the most, and found peace in traveling away from her hometown.

     And, when she arrived to France, she met a woman who revealed her biggest power yet— and just when things seemed to slow to a pause, her father figure dragged her back to Beacon Hills where she found the boy she liked with another girl.

     And now? Now, she stood with Derek Hale in the boy's locker room as he choked Scott's new beta against the locker. Liam Dunbar was definitely an aggressive one— he thrashed uselessly against Derek's strong grip, roaring at him with his new found fangs and amber eyes.

     Derek and Amelie stared at him with an amused smirk as Scott appeared, which seemed to visible ease the Beta. It was obvious there was a strong bond between them— a bond only an Alpha and his Beta could have.

     "Liam," Scott said firmly and somehow comfortingly since Liam's eyes instantly turned to their normal bright blue color.

     "You're right—" Derek told Scott as he eyed Liam. "He is angry."

     "You can let him go, now," Amelie said quietly, placing a hand on Derek's arm making him let go of the young boy. Something about the way Liam acted reminded her severely of Karly— maybe that's why she felt a sort of protective feeling over him.

     "This one's yours," Scott gave him his lacrosse stick in perfect condition. "Get to class, Liam."

     Eyeing Derek and Amelie once more, the boy turned around and headed out of the locker room. As soon as he was out of sight, a sigh escaped Scott making Amelie chuckle.

     "What are you both smiling about?" Scott narrowed his eyes.

     "You're gonna be good at this," Derek said fondly, a rare smile on his face.

     "Are you kidding? I am totally unprepared!" The Alpha exasperated. "Remember how you said you could teach me a few things? I think right now, I could use a full-on training manual."

     "I'll tell you one thing— that anger he's got? It'll make him strong," Derek shrugged.

     "And dangerous," Amelie added making Derek nod enthusiastically, "Very."