liv. dumb decisions

(   LIV

( LIV. DUMB DECISIONS )

THE MCCALL RESIDENCE WAS FILLED WITH NERVES. After the horrid revelation that Mason was the beast, the Pack didn't know where to go from there. Scott was still injured from his fight with the Beast— Or Mason— and the rest of the pack were an inch away from a mental breakdown. Stiles and Amelie stood at the doorframe of Scott's room, watching Kira as she helped Scott, who was just as panicked as the rest of them, onto his bed.

"We gotta find them!" Scott tried to say, "It's Mason—"

"I know," Kira said patiently, "Everybody's looking."

Amelie couldn't help the soft smile on her face. She hadn't realized how everything was different when Kira wasn't around. She was an essential part of this pack. Her train of thoughts was broken when Stiles grabbed her hand to pull her towards him.

Scott groaned making Kira ask, "What?"

"Nothing," Scott shook his head, "It's just a scholarship. I missed the deadline."

At that point, Amelie had forgotten all about college. It seemed like a faraway dream that they wouldn't reach. "We'll figure it out," She heard Kira said comfortingly, "Right now, you're not going anywhere until you heal, okay?"

They'd probably forgotten that Amelie and Stiles were still standing because Kira leaned in for a long kiss. Amelie had to tap on the doorframe quietly for them to break it off. Kira turned around, a rosy blush covering her nose, and nodded for them to leave.

"Come on," Stiles whispered, squeezing her shoulder as they moved into the hallway only to find Malia and Braeden waiting for them with worried expressions.

"That's not good," Amelie furrowed her brows, "What is it?"

Malia and Braeden exchanged even more worried looks, making Amelie and Stiles glance at each other panicked.

"What did you do?" Amelie asked Stiles.

"Why are you assuming that it was me? Maybe it was you," Stiles retorted in defense before turning to Malia and Braeden. "What is it?"

"Tell them," Braeden sighed, making Amelie and Stiles turn to Malia.

"You know how my mother wants to kill me?" Malia asked, "I think she might want to kill you, too..."

"Um," Amelie said taken aback, "I'm honored? I don't know..."

"That's disconcerting..." Stiles muttered, "I should probably have a gun."

"No!" Amelie widened her eyes.

"I'm not giving you a gun!" Braeden scoffed.

"You have a gun. The Desert Wolf—who is trying to kill me—has a gun," Stiles defended, "Even Amelie has a gun. I think I should probably have a gun!"