A Familiar Kiss

Chapter 19: A Familiar Kiss

Shuichi turned to Kirigiri as his expression signalled panic, but all he saw in her eyes was a blank expression as though she were attempting to process the situation. "Thanks, Nanami!" A cheery voice called out from the back door. Upon opening the oak door, it revealed the one and only- "Kokichi Ouma." Kirigiri muttered out, as though she was trying her best not to allow fear to show. "I'm not here for you, Kirigiri. Why are you still remaining?" The phantom thief growled, suddenly whipping out his gun from his pockets. Shuichi quickly rushed near the ex-detective and covered her, "H-Hey-"
"Kokichi! I told you no killing here, I thought you were going to take the two of them and kill her off later." Chiaki furrowed her eyebrows at the thief, "I never said that." He corrected her with a faint smile. The gamer shut her mouth as soon as she saw how empty his eyes were, he was clearly telling the girl to keep quiet so she did. "So, how about it?" He turned back to face Shuichi, pointing the gun from behind the male in which showed only Kirigiri standing.

The entrance doors were opened suddenly, revealing two men arriving before turning back to lock the doors along with guns on their sides. Shuichi was even more alarmed at their appearance, but jumped at Kokichi's words as soon as he spoke. "Oh, don't worry! The rest are outside at the back in the car, just making sure you won't leave." Stepping forward, the gun in his hands never faltered. The phantom thief was prominent in his decision, the urge to murder Kirigiri was strong. Yet the urge to protect Saihara was stronger. "You know... I could just keep her alive if you'd join me." Kokichi smirked sinisterly. Wanting to say yes, Shuichi felt his blazer get tugged as he turned to face Kirigiri. "...It's alright." She whispered. "What?! I can't just let you die-"
"You and I both know I'm going to die either way, whether it'd be by him or some other criminal begging for revenge." About to respond, Shuichi felt his body turn as he fell to the ground. Looking up, his eyes widened as the scene in front of him shocked him. Kokichi raised the gun right above her head, his finger not even hesitating to shoo-

BANG

Falling onto the ground, Kyoko clutched onto her leg. Silently begging her tears not to escape. Kokichi looked up, he turned his head around and frowned at Shuichi with distaste. "Y-You...! We could have had her dead." He growled, Shuichi had managed to grab onto his leg and cause him to fall. Instead of waiting for his response, Kokichi grabbed onto his shoulders and pinned him down. In the background, Chiaki quickly excused herself much earlier as she didn't want to be noticed thanks to the gunshot. She had already fled. The henchmen took ahold of Kirigiri, not caring about her wound as Shuichi screamed for her. "No! Kyoko, please, do-" His mouth was sealed shut the moment he felt Kokichi's lips onto his, his shoulders were pinned down tight. Not like he could do anything anyways. Shuichi was shocked, yet suddenly felt a pill slide into his mouth. Kokichi refused to let go, not until the detective swallowed it. And due to the fact that he couldn't fight back at all, he had to anyways.

'It's strange how a kiss can bring back old memories.' Was the last thing Shuichi thought to himself before he was swallowed up by darkness.

With his wrists forever tied to the bed, Shuichi never saw himself escaping from the thief himself. He hadn't walked for two days, and he had lost all energy thanks to the weird substances Kokichi's been giving him. It's not like he could deny the phantom thief, he'd force him to swallow it no matter what. In Shuichi's perspective, he only saw black. The same thing he did the moment he felt the pill swallow down his throat that day. Saihara still didn't know what happened in the end, what happened to Kyoko, his uncle, his home, it was all thrown away. He was simply almost like a pet to the Phantom Thief. Everyday was the same, constantly hugged and forced to do certain things he didn't want to whilst tied to restraints. His neck was covered entirely of hickeys, as his hopes were devoid and nonexistent. Shuichi would admit that due to the amount of time he's been with the criminal, he may have developed odd feelings for the phantom thief. But that didn't change the never ending cycle of lovesickness that the criminal had shown hi-
"Shuichi~", not moving a single bit, the detective still remained silent. Feeling some weight on the bed, he immediately knew it was him. "Hey! C'mon, speak." Kokichi whined, "The first time you were here, you couldn't stop screaming. But now your just dead silent." No wonder, you forced me to stay silent... Shuichi thought to himself, remembering the last time he had gotten 'punished' for his screams. "It's a pity, really... I had a surprise planned for you today!" Shuichi accidentally spoken up, "Surprise?" For a small moment, it was silent as Kokichi had finally managed to hear his voice for a while but his smirk grew even bigger. "Yup!"
Wanting to question more, Kokichi pushed Shuichi down onto the bed. "Just stay still, okay?" Feeling alarmed by what he had just said, Saihara was tempted to jump and push him off of him. But he feared the consequences, especially the restraints. Doing exactly what Kokichi had ordered him, he shut his eyes behind the blindfold and silently prayed for nothing bad to happen. After about three seconds, he felt a small prick on his arm as some sort of strange liquid was injected into him. The detective would often have this happen to him thanks to the drugs Kokichi had given him, but never at one point did he ever say that they were a surprise unlike this one.

And is it weird that Shuichi can't remember how he got here?