Insanity

Chapter 12: Insanity
"Go ahead. Cry, Shuichi. Their dead, all you have left...

Is Me."

Shuichi laid on the bed, blanket covering his entire body including his face. Burying his head more deeper into the warmth, he tried his best to ignore the scenes that had just happened. Yesterday.. He didn't know wether it was morning but decided it probably was, he was glad the thief was gone but he hoped he wouldn't come back. Faint screams were heard, they sounded familiar but he didn't know whose it belonged to. Perhaps its his mind playing tricks on him?

The room he was in had the metal carpet almost too cold for his feet,

Suddenly running was heard, the metal door opened but shut quietly as if trying to keep everyone un-alert. Is he back?

His heart rate sped faster, he wanted to get it over with but also wanted to avoid him at all costs. Saihara knows he can't do that. The thief would probably hurt him. Finally deciding, he was going to face him to get it over with. Lifting his head up to give him a glare, it quickly faded away into a mix of confusion and relief. "Kaede..?" His voice trembling, before she could react she quickly turned to face him. His appearance hurt her mentally, he looked like he was up all night crying. Love bites covered his neck and arms that were trying to pull the blanket closer to his chest for closure. His hair was a mess, eye bags from the night he couldn't sleep.

"Shuichi.. What happened to you?" Saihara's gaze softened before his eyes grew wide from looking at her appearance, her white dress that reached below her knee now slightly tattered and ripped at the bottom. Blood stains covering some parts, her eyes were no longer angelic but full of worry. Her blonde hair almost as messy as his, wounds covered her arms and a slash on her cheek. Her shoes were fine, they were brogue shoes. Only little bits of blood crept upon it. "I can say the same for you." Kaede wasn't fazed upon his words, his health was all that mattered. "I.. Rantaro led me here." She walked closer to the bed ignoring her leg aching in pain, looking down at him with a small frown. She lifted her hand and softly stroked his hair, he looked really sleepy. He nuzzled closer into her hand, not yet shutting his eyes for he waited for her to say more.

"That.. Hang out, he said we could go on a date." Before, Kaede asked Shuichi to convince Rantaro to spend time with her. "Of course, I was happy.. But after we went to the cafe he said he had something to show me, a house.." Shuichi didn't reply and waited for her to continue, "It was a house. A pretty big house. Then we stood in front of stairs, it was so large! Then we went to next to the side of it there was a metal door. I'm guessing thats where we are right now. He knocked me out with a rock so I guess my head does hurt, ahahah.." He had a strong feeling it could help with the investigation but thats only if he can escape with her. "Why would Rantaro..?" She shrugged her shoulders at him, "He's probably sadistic, fucker kept me up all night." Shuichi was slightly surprised at her choice of words as he had never heard her swear but knew there were other things to focus on. But for some odd reason, Shuichi couldn't help but feel as if he knows which house she's talking about. Did he go there before?

"And you?" Kaede asked whilst looking down at his appearance, "Thief." She tilted her head at him in confusion, accidentally stopping her hand from stroking his hair. "The.. Phantom thief." Her eyes widened in fear, "So thats it.." Akumatsu whispered to herself, "What?" Kaede continued, "Rantaro's with that criminal..! T-Those guys, they looked like they work for him. I was chased by them before I hid in here." She pointed to the door, now he understood. Those photos.. Rantaro was the one who had taken them, and when the thief visited him at his house. He thought he could trust him yet instead he brought along Kaede and ended up being "Raped."