"Goodbye."

Chapter 20: "Goodbye."

Leaning against the metal wall, Kyoko felt as though she were in a mental instability. Except, her neck was chained to the wall along with her arms tied and one of her legs already injured. It was obvious that it hadn't been treated, but if it were to get infected, they wouldn't care. Kirigiri held no gag to shut her up nor a blindfold, she knew that this room was soundproof and that she were in the basement. It was all white though, oddly enough. And the floor wasn't comfortable at all, her clothes were tattered and old, the exact same ones she had worn that day. Her hair hadn't been brushed and she was starving, yet she was still given some food as though they wanted to keep her alive. Upon hearing the metal door open, Kyoko was surprised due to the fact that this was the first time in ages since someone had opened the door. The only way she was given food was by having it slid underneath, after all.

"Nee-hee-hee~! it's been a while, hasn't it?" Her eyes widened in anger and shock, giving him a death glare. "I'm glad that your still suffering, but it's getting boring now..." About to speak up, she was cut off by the phantom thief as she heard him say, "Come on, Shuichi~" Her heart dropped, "Shuichi?!" She yelled out. "Shut up! Geez, your so annoying." Kokichi yelled at her in anger. She ignored him and continued to call out to him, "Shuichi! Is that really you-" Behind Kokichi came out a male. He wore a white dress shirt along with a black blazer and some trousers, but oddly enough, he looked too well-dressed within this situation. "I'm so glad it's you! W-What happene-"
"Your alright with killing this girl, right?"

Jumping in shock, Kyoko turned back to look at Shuichi as she expected him to disagree but...
His expression was blank.
"S-Saihara! Shuichi Saihara! What happened?! Don't tell me your going to listen to him." She begged at the detective. Walking towards her, Shuichi reached out to his back pocket. "...What did he do to you? You seem so different." Kyoko commented, feeling concerned and worried that the thief may have gotten to him. "I have no memory of you. Therefore, your existence here means nothing to me. So... Goodbye." The gun was now in front of her face, directly pointing to her forehead. "He's my detective, Kyoko Kirigiri." Kokichi commented. "...I know."

Instead of speaking up, it were as though Kyoko had already accepted her fate. She held no expression as deep down, she knew that Kokichi was going to get to him at some point. The phantom thief continued to smirk at Kirigiri with extreme malice, yet Shuichi looked... Off.

He held a resting position, as though this were normal for him. But this was something different. Shuichi felt as though there was something the two had shared together. Or something that they had. But his mind held no memory of it, only a feeling of something that was once there. Something that is not visible to the eye, yet deep in their hearts. She didn't knew what he had done to Shuichi, but that wasn't her problem anymore as she was going to be gone soon. "...Very well then."

BANG

Maki sat in the cell room, her peaceful expression was rather rare to experience.

"I don't want to be enemies with you. I want you out of here." Kokichi spoke into the phone, "Oh, really?" I mocked him. One of his workers had managed to smuggle in a phone for me, promising me a small gift. "If you want me to prove how serious I am, then I'll help you. But on one condition." I kept my mouth shut as I suddenly realised that he might actually be serious... "You never come back, and never bother my life or His."

At this point, she hadn't realised how far her actions and grudges had gotten her. But maybe one day, she'll get out of here. A fresh new start, with no urge to kill that detective and criminal. She doubted that the words Kokichi had said to her were true, but overall... It's not like she had any grudges against him. And that detectives too weak to kill anyways.
Suddenly, the doors busted wide open. All of the cell gates had been unlocked including the exits as screaming filled the halls, guns continued to shoot. Men covered with masks representing a familiar foe rested in her mind. "A deals a deal then. So I guess I'll have to keep mines, Kokichi Ouma."