Blind Eye

Chapter 5: Blind Eye
Waking up tiredly, I rubbed my eyes completely forgetting that I was in somebody else's bed until I caught a sight of a purple figure standing above me. "Gah!" I shielded my eyes in fear of getting hurt but then I heard a chuckle belonging to the same male from before. Memories then came back and my face grew red in embarrassment. "Damn, am I really that ugly?" Kokichi pouted, "W-What?! No!" I assured him as he still stood above me, "And what a-are you doing anyways?" I asked feeling confused. He shrugged his shoulders and started walking off, "Hey! Where you going?" I got out of the bed to run after him in hopes I didn't upset Kokichi, "Shuichi.. Calm down! I'm obviously going to get you some food." He replied to my dumb face. "Oh, right.. You doing need to." I convinced him but he still chose to do it anyway. I sat on the bed after he had left and waited for him to return, I was just about to reach for my phone laying on his desk and checked the time. I could've sworn I left my phone in my clothes? It was already 6am, I've never woken up so early.. Noticing the messages coming from my uncle and the miss calls, I opened them without any fear before I regretted it.

My eyes then went wide once I saw the multiple miss calls coming from my uncle, the message he had sent me... 'Get out of there.' My face went pale, I soon then continued to read the rest of his messages.

'The phantom thief is with you.'

'Where are you?!'

'Pick up the damn phone!!'

'Why can't I track your phone?!!'

Then, there was a photo. It was a photo of a letter. 'A thief, a detective. For one shall not know behind a mask, but shall be right next to them.' My heart wouldn't stop pounding, sweat started going down my face. When did he find the letter and how could the phantom thief be right by me?! I'm not with anyone apart from..

No.

Definitely not Kokichi..

Perhaps I'll just ask him if he's living with anyone else..

"Hey~ I'm back!" I looked up at him from my phone and smiled softly at him, he handed me the food and sat by me. I muttered a thank you and attempted to dive into my food with the fork before I stopped to notice he was staring at me as I was eating. "Uh, Kokichi..?" I tried to hint out to him, "Yes?" He asked acting as if he had no idea as to why I felt uncomfortable. "..Aren't you going to eat?" He stared at me blankly before nodding, "Yep, just give me a moment." he stood up to get his food, but why wouldn't he do it before? Maybe he just couldn't hold onto two plates of food? The more I thought, the more I felt dizzy. I felt as if there was something disturbing going on in the background, it was right there. I just couldn't see it. As if I had a blind eye.. One eye could see clearly yet couldn't spot the wrong things, the other was blind. I couldn't see what was wrong, whats happening in the background? What is it that feels.. So wrong? Should I quit.. Is it because of my job? The phantom thief? If I were to quit then maybe, just maybe this thing.. Or whatever, would stop trying to eat me up whole. Just like what Kyoko Kirigiri, but.. What happened to her afterwards? Did she go work at Mc Donalds? Did she find another job? Move away? Anything to get a living from, where would I go if I were to quit? The more I think, the deeper I drown.. I re-read my uncles messages debating wether I should respond or what and decided to anyways. I typed in, 'I'm okay, I don't see anyone with me currently. Maybe he was with me during the time I was in a shop?'