Mischief

Chapter 8: Mischief
For a moment, everything happened all in slow-motion.. I couldn't move, I just say there shocked with his lips still on mine. Slowly, the feeling of realisation caught up to me.

They all died.

My eyes widened as tears started welling up, I quickly pushed the male off of me as I heard him growl slightly. I started running, I didn't know what to do anymore. Where was I going? I don't know.. I shut my eyes tightly and ran even faster using up all my energy, I didn't hear the thief running after me but I did hear something else. "Lure him."

By now my lungs were screaming out for air yet I ignored it, I continued to bump into people who were standing by watching the horrific scene of the hospital. I heard ambulance and police cars on roads.

Yet I ignored them.

I opened my eyes to find my vision blurry, just as I was going to continue running I collapsed. I stayed like that for a while with my mind empty, I was in pain. I couldn't feel my legs and my body was hurt from collapsing onto the ground. My face felt wet from the amount of tears too.. All that was heard from me was strangled cries. After about what felt for eternity, I hesitantly lifted myself up and sat my back on the wall. I realised that I was in an alleyway though the feeling of fear didn't hit me since it was so quiet. I stared at the wall with my eyes burning, I then broke down once again.. Tears fell down rapidly, I buried my face in my hands as the sound of screaming erupted from my mouth. Without thinking, I started scratching my face harshly in response to anger and grabbed the wooden plank next to me to hit myself. I continued to harm myself, scratches covering my entire face. I then went after my arms and started attacking it too. I grabbed my phone from my pocket went through my contacts, once I saw him I pressed it and screamed in the phone.

"I quit! I'm done!"

"What? Shuichi wai-"

I hung up on my uncle and threw my phone onto the ground still feeling angry. I suddenly acknowledge what I was doing to myself and froze, I slid down the wall sitting in a small position and looked up at the sky. It looked much darker, it was almost night.

I wanted to cry, but I couldn't..

I have no more tears left to cry I guess.

Pain was all I felt, blood was dripping from my face and arms, not only did I feel pain but I felt it on the inside.. The amount of guilt I felt for those lives.

I could never forgive myself.

I shut my eyes from feeling tired and suddenly I was engulfed in darkness.

I opened my eyes tiredly, I felt so weak. I couldn't move. "Huh?" I muttered out, Who's bed am I on? It felt so soft underneath. "Shuichi, your awake!" I heard a familiar voice call out to me. I turned my head slowly to find Rantaro smiling by the door. "How are you feeling?" He asked calmly and walked up to me, he sat on the floor next to the bed I was laying on. "Fine..W-What happened?" I replied along with another question. "Oh well, I found you in an alley way with cuts on your faces. You must've been jumped on. Though I don't know why they left your phone next to you if they could've took it..?" Rantaro wondered to himself, my eyes widened in realisation as my vision blurred once again. Rantaro noticed this and tilted his head, "What's wrong, Shuichi?" I raised my hands to wipe away the tears until I felt a bandage on it.

That's right.. The scratches.

"I.." I started off, "Hm?" He asked again, "It's my fault they.."

He sat there waiting by next to me, "They died.." He didn't react at all compared he what I thought he would be like. "Do you want to try to explain what happened to me?" I didn't want to yet I just couldn't help myself from the amount of dread I felt. After I had told him what happened, he patted my head softly. "It's okay, Shuichi.. It's not your fault, you shouldn't have quit your job either. But if it stresses you out that much then that's okay." I felt relaxed yet I didn't realise that I had nuzzled into his hand and shut my eyes in response to tiredness. "R-Rantaro..?" I called out to him, "Mhm?" He responded. "C-Can Kaede hang out with you..? She asked earlier because she was.. Shy?" I didn't know what to say all I knew was that she wanted to hang out with him. Though as I had told him this every word I had said sounded like I was struggling to speak. "Yeah sure, but why would she ask you? Hehe.." He chuckled. I looked up at him slowly and mustered a small smile. "Thanks.." I said to him. I must've fell asleep because the last thing I remember was Rantaro's smiling face comforting me. 

"Hey, I did what you asked.." He spoke into the phone, "Really? Yes! Thank you, Mr. Avocado—"

"I told you to stop calling me that, Boss! It's annoying.." Rantaro scolded him in the phone, "Whoops, sorry! Didn't know it would offend you, nishishi~"

"Anyways, it seems you somehow convinced his uncle that it wasn't him. Glad to know that your fixing your mistake of exposing him.." A fake gasp was heard from the smaller male, "Yes! Yay, I'm so glad-"

"He quit his job though." Rantaro broke the news to him, for a moment it was silent before a scream was heard from the phone.

"WHAT?!"