Suspicious

Chapter 6: Suspicious
Rushing down the stairs, I ran with nothing but my phone. I decided to worry about my clothes later and get home, at least my bank card wasn't in those pockets. I knew it was going to hurt when running outside seeing as I had no shoes and it was raining as usual. After getting lost a couple of times due to this large house I finally found my way to the door and reached my hand to the handle before I stepped back in fear. The door opened to reveal Kokichi with a bag, "Huh? Why are you standing by the door?" He tilted his head, I stared at him for a moment before I awkwardly chuckled. "Ahaha.. Well, I was going to wait for you to come back. I was just so excited to see you..!" God I'm such a bad liar.. He seemed to notice I was lying as he squinted his eyes at me before nodding, "Oh, okay..? Anyways, I got your clothes!" He grinned and muttered out a, "Nishishi~" I smiled at him with the memories of the mask still playing in my head and followed Kokichi towards his room. I felt annoyed at myself knowing that I couldn't leave without getting lost again and I'll have to wait until I convince him I have to go. I looked towards the ground with my heart beating in fear of him suspecting anything of me, was that why he was so nice to me this whole time? I guess it kind of makes sense..

Once reaching up to his room, he opened the door and led me inside his room. He placed the bags onto his bed and took out the clothes, "Tada~ Here are your clothes!" He grinned cheekily in accomplishment before noticing that I was staring at the mask under his bed. He grinned unnervingly and decided to play it cool and then said, "Shumai..! Are you going to pay attention to me?" He waved his hands at me to gain my attention, I turned my focus on him to see him frowning. "Geez, what's so special about this thing..?" He grabbed the mask and stared at it.

•Kokichi's POV•

I stared down onto the mask already having a plan kept in mind, "What? Is this thing scaring you?" I giggled at him. He seemed to grow confused at my actions, "N-No.. Uh, where'd you get it?" He asked me as I could still sense he felt off around me. "My brother used to scare me with it, though I managed to steal it from him! Don't tell him I told you." I chuckled at the last bit jokingly, "O-Oh, hehe.. That is pretty funny." He laughed along with me about my so-called brother. I noticed he let his guard down a bit and I laughed on the inside in malice. "I should probably throw it in the bin." I shrugged my shoulders, "Always creeps me out.." Of course I'm not going to do that, I continued to laugh at how gullible he was as he agreed with my statement.

•Shuichi's POV•
I laughed along with him and the thought of him being that criminal disappeared from my mind, I must've been over reacting..

But something.. Still felt off.

He handed me the new clothes he had bought me, "Y-You know you really didn't need to get this for me, right?" He shook his head, "Nah, it's the least I can do! I lost your clothes so..?" He smiled at me. I looked down at the clothes in my hand and smiled.

"Thanks, Kokichi.."

•Time Skip•
After I had left, I sighed from the stress I had felt and arrived home with the new clothes including shoes. I took them off and yawned tiredly but then gasped once I realised something.. "How did he know my size?" I shrugged my shoulders and decided to rest in my bed until I had work which was at 6, I flopped in my bed not feeling bothered about eating lunch later and shut my eyes.

Buzz..

I opened my eyes to find my phone on my desk, I stood up and grabbed it. 'Huh?' There was a text message from my uncle.

'Come quickly'

But it's only 3 In the afternoon? I still have time to stay at home.. Perhaps it's important. I rushed out of the door feeling glad that I kept my clothes on and took my phone with me, once I had reached my destination I opened the door and turned my head back and fourth wondering where my uncle was at. "Excuse me. Your Shuichi Saihara, correct?" A women in formal clothing asked, she had red eyes and pale skin. Her hair was black and she had bangs, her hair wasn't tied up so it looked quite long. Something about her seemed..

Familiar?

I nodded at her, "Come with me." She started walking quite fast as I followed after her. She seemed as if she was in a rush, she then led me to a door. "Here, your uncle is waiting." Her voice sounded calm and unsettling. I muttered a 'thank you' and attempted to opened the door before I turned my head to say something else, "Excuse me but do I- Know you..?" I stopped midway and found that she was no where to be seen. I shook off the scary feeling crawling up my spine and opened the door to see my uncle sitting on a chair with his head in his hands, I ran up to him in a panic as I soon noticed his state. "Hey, I'm here! W-What happened?!" I asked in a hurry, "Take a seat.." He muttered out. I hesitantly walked to sit down onto the chair and looked up at him. "W-What happened?" I asked a bit more slowly compared to before, "T..There has been.."

"Been a what?"

"A murder."

I stared at him with wide eyes, I nodded at him to continue as he handed over a picture of the scene to me. "I want you to take a look at this picture for me, Saihara.." I noticed that in the picture was a body laying on the floor on the sidewalk. It was as if you couldn't see the body due to the loss of blood. It was covering everywhere, the floor, the face, everything. Even the wall..I then saw writing on the wall, it said..

'We're still not done with our game, Saihara.. Be careful with who you're hanging around or I'll have to come in to save you. The game is still on.'

I slowly looked up from the picture and stared at my uncle who was giving me a blank look, "You have a lot of explaining to do, Saihara."