Snapped

Chapter 10: Snapped
"Oh, K-Kokichi.. I-" He looked down expressionless and asked, "Did you.." He paused for a moment. "..With who?" He looked back up at me and waited for me to respond. I stared back not knowing what to do and- "Agh!" I covered my face from the water being splashed onto me from a car and opened up my eyes eyeing down at my clothes. Great, their all wet and ruined now.. I turned to look back at Kokichi who was.. Gone? "Where'd he go?" I muttered to myself. It was now just an empty, dark street with cars as the only company I had passing by. At least he won't ask about it anyways.. And why'd he have to act weird about it? My face grew red again, I never thought I'd be able to do that with Rantaro..

My legs were in pain as I was walking but my thoughts continued to distract me from reality, Rantaro was the only thing in my thoughts. Sooner or later I finally arrived home and as usual I collapsed onto my bed and sighed. I felt so embarrassed and—

Shit, shit, shit, MY JOB

Crap, that's right.. I quit my job, how am I supposed to pay off my bills now?! I rushed up to my drawer and took out a letter and gasped in fear from how high the money was, at least for me.. I only get paid £34K a year but my bills were way too high.

I had no choice but to grab my phone and make a call to my uncle, "Pick up, pick up, pick up.." I was led to voicemail and threw my phone onto the ground using up all my rage. "F-Fuck..!" I sat on my bed with my head laying in my hands. I felt so annoyed and angry, I desperately ignored the pain in my ass and scolded myself. Even from those deaths in the hospital, I still can't forgive myself. Before I felt the need to cry I suddenly got a call back from.. My uncle?

I rushed to pick it up and smiled to myself once I heard his voice, "Hey Shuichi.. Sorry about that, anyways why were you calling me?" He asked in a cold manner yet I couldn't care less I just needed to get my job back, "I-I'm Sorry for quitting, I swear I was just angry and all-"

"Saihara.." I heard sadness on the phone, "W-What is it?" I felt a bad feeling, a very bad feeling. "Come back to the police station please, I need to talk to you something." I smiled in glee and thanked him but even after doing so he didn't seem to happy. I quickly got changed from my clothes and called a cab seeing as my legs were in so much pain but the feeling of.. Dread erupted in me.

Stepping into the cab as I ignored that feeling, I finally arrived paying off the driver and walking into the police station. Ready to walk into my uncles office I heard a female shout out from opposite me, "There he is!" She pointed at me. Obviously feeling confused, officers ran at me as I stared at them with fear. Now here I am, I find myself in hand cuffs sitting in the questioning room. "Just great..." I muttered to myself. "For the last time Saihara, please tell me the truth. Did you have any relation to the crime?" The Unknown male asked for about how many times now..? I don't even know. I replied with the same thing, "No, I don't even know who the guy was. Or whoever died." I shook my head at him. Until my eyes widened at what words came out of his mouth, "Do you know anyone named Maki Harukawa?" I looked up at him surprised. "Y-Yes I do..!" He stared at me in disbelief and asked me any of my connections with her, I told him about the last thing she said to me before we went our separate ways. After I had told him that he written it down onto some paper.

'I'll kill you.'

"Was this just recently?" He asked me feeling even more shocked then I was, "No, this was about two years ago or something." Once again he started writing it down. A knock was heard on the door and a women with green eyes and long pink hair came in with a suit, "Sir, it's been revealed. It's Maki, not Saihara." Joy flied within me and- "Haven't you been listening to the conversation? We know it's Maki, it's just the message." The male scolded the women. "Ah, s-sorry!" The women apologised and walked out with an embarrassed look.