Sleep

Chapter 3: Sleep
I rested my head on my desk continuing to bang it multiple times before feeling blood trickle down my face. I stood up and looked the mirror blankly while touching the wound, I chose to ignore it and walk towards that letter I had found in my pocket.

"then i'll get you myself.."

No way in the hell he is.. I threw my phone hard onto the ground before I heard it vibrate. I hesitantly walked towards it to find the contact name as 'Rantaro'. I sighed in relief, picking up my phone and answering it I heard his voice echo through the call. "Hey Shuichi, you're not busy are you?"

"U-Uh, no.. Why?"

"I was gonna ask if you'd like to come over since it's been awhile, I live in that large house. Y'know, the entrance with that guy wearing red?"

"Sorry, not right now- Wait.. A guy wearing red?"

"Yeah, he's really nice. I'm quite familiar with him so he could show you to my room."

"W-What does your room look like?" I mentally face palmed myself realising how weird that question sounded. "U-Uh, well.. The walls are red apart from my bedroom?"

Red

"Yeah I'll come, just send me the address."

"Got it, bye Saihara."

"B-Bye, Rantaro.."

After the call ended I received the address. Tightly clutching the phone in my hands, I turned my head towards the letter he gave me.

This better be right

I started to make my way over to his house before feeling a drop of water onto my head, I looked up and noticed that it started raining. I sighed in annoyance before the rain got heavier, by now I was speed walking. "Hehe, you look a bit wet!" I heard a male chuckle, I looked at him as rain kept on pouring down my face. I turned my head away in embarrassment knowing he was wearing an umbrella while grinning and as for me, I'm soaking wet. He had dark purple hair along with violet eyes that seemed to shine in the dark as well as pale skin, he looked fairly cute. He wore an oversized white hoodie along with black jeans, and as for me before I ran out of my house I just threw on a black sweater and trousers. He lifted the black umbrella above my head making sure it's above both of us, "Your so silly, you should've taken an umbrella!" He giggled.

I stared at him confused, "U-Uh.."

"Don't look at me like that, I'm no stranger! I mean- I am but.. You get the point!" He pouted, "Anyways, your that famous detective right? Your so cool!" He exclaimed. "But, I only solved about 2 cases?" I looked at him weirdly before he grinned again. "Shouldn't we be walking? I need to be somewhere." I started walking as he followed along with me underneath the umbrella, "Where do you need to go then?" He asked. "I'm going to see a friend back at Halo House."

"Halo house..?"

"Yeah, it's a place where people live in apartments together with different rooms almost like dorms. Except there isn't any rent since you have to pay fully before you live in it." I explained.

"Huh? No not that, in fact I'm going there too!"

I nodded at him after he suggested we should go there together, when we saw that 'grand doors greet you once you open them including a fine young man' I froze in fear not knowing wether he would pop up or surprise me yet I felt relief he wasn't going to take me or anything.. I really doubt that the phantom thief would be in Rantaro's room but, it's worth a try? Before I was about to walk over to the doors I felt the other boys hand onto my hand. "Huh?" I asked him looking at his purple eyes which were now covered by his bangs, "Your lucky you figured out that clue, Shuichi.. Otherwise I would've taken you like I promised."