Awoken

Chapter 14: Awoken
Opening up his golden-coloured eyes, all he saw was white. "Shuichi?" He turned his head and saw a nurse smiling down at him, "So glad to see you awake." Oh, so it was just the ceiling. "What.. What happened?" She placed her hand onto his forehead to check his temperature and started writing down onto the paper she had in her hand. "You were found on the ground after you went missing, someone called in and thought you were dead. Turns out you were just drugged." Shuichi nodded at her as he remembered the current events, even though that girl had drugged him to avoid their location being leaked he still felt grateful that she didn't take him back to that thief. The room they were in was so white, polished almost everywhere. There was a heart monitor attached to him, the bed he sat on felt comfy. It was also white, there was a window beside him displaying the nice scenery along with the clear blue sky and the sound of cars. The floor was a deep grey, the wooden door on the right corner of him showed a small window of others passing by. There was a tray sitting by his bed too, "Please eat up! You look like you need it." She smiled heartwarmingly at him. "T-Thank you." He smiled back at her and sat up and took the tray. The food that laid upon it was some soup and water, the food was alright here but it didn't bother him. "The questioners will be here in a moment after you eat, tell me if you feel any sort of pain." He nodded at her and continue to eat with my spoon, once He had finished he then turned to look at her and asked if he could know how long he was missing for. "Three days." He stared at her in shock before refraining himself, "Oh yeah, that's right.." He remembered on the days he had spent when he was gone.

"Also, that girl. Kaede, correct? Well, she was found next to you on the ground. She's fine though, so no worries!" She smiled once again, how could she be so happy all the time? Shuichi didn't focus too much on it though, he felt ecstatic. He couldn't top smiling to himself, "R-Really?! Is there any injuries on her or something-" The nurse giggled to herself softly then replied, "Dont get ahead of yourself, you'll see her soon once you get better." Shuichi nodded at her, his heart pounding in happiness and excitement. That criminal really thought he could kill her, huh? How did she manage to survive though? At least she was lucky. "I'm going to allow the questioners to come in, is that alright?" He nodded at her as a pit in his stomach formed. By now he was probably known as the detective who worked secretly for that organisation. The door opened and there revealed three people, one which was his uncle giving him a worried look and the other a women who looked to be around her 20s. She had crystal blue eyes and hair that also was blue. She wore a black suit as the other male did too except he had a tie and she did not. "Shuichi Saihara, may we have word with you-" Cutting him off, his uncle continued for him. "Thank god your alive!" His uncle came rushing towards him and put him in a bone-crushing hug, "A-Agh!" Hearing his little gasp, he let go of his nephew and apologised. "Ahah.. Sorry, I'm just glad that your awake." He smiled softly at him, Shuichi returned the favour but with more of an awkward look. "Do you mind telling us about what happened?" He asked, Shuichi nodded at him as the women stared at the other waiting for him to take out the recorder.

It sure did take a while, but there were some parts that Shuichi had cut out. The rape and that girl. He knew it was wrong to not tell them but.. She saved him. He was so thankful for that, that girl had saved him. In repayment, he decided not to tell and keep her safe. She did mention that she wasn't really doing much, the girl only organised some stuff but not the murders. The female sitting with his uncle and the other man looked almost concerned, as for his uncle he was beyond pissed and horrified. For the other guy, he didn't exactly react. It was almost as if he didn't believe it, but he pressed 'stop' on the recorder and thanked him. "Sorry, I forgot to introduce ourselves-" He paused to turn to the women and gave her a look of annoyance, "We forgot to introduce ourselves." The girl looked a bit embarrassed but shook it off and introduced herself whilst his uncle sitting by them chuckled to himself. "I-I-I'm Yui Asahi, sorry about that..." The male beside her then continued, "Ren Hitori, pleasure to meet you." He smiled at Shuichi. "I've never seen you two before in the agency, are you both new?" A small laugh came from the women, "Not exactly, we've been working for a while with the same job; we just moved to different agencies." Nodding at her, he continued on his own words. "I-It's nice to meet you both. Actually, do you mind if I ask something?" Saihara asked shyly. His uncle nodded without hesitation as his nephew prepared himself to speak, "W-Would I still be able to have my job?" Yui was about to speak before his uncle cut in, "Yes, yes.. Don't worry, we have you sorted out. We figured out that you were a vict- I mean, we found out that you weren't a double agent..." Shuichi's ears perked for a quick moment as Ren gave his uncle a glare, "V-Victim?" A moment of silence passed for all of them until a sigh was heard from the man, trying to stay serious- he used all his might to avoid stuttering and sound formal, "Yes.. S-Sorry about that-"

"How did you find out about what he did to me?"

Yui's mouth hung open as Ren's eyes widened, his uncle didn't know what to say. Is this their first lead?

"K-Kokichi!" He continued to break the objects inside his office, Mahiru had tried to calm him down but it was almost as if the Kokichi she had known before had... Disappeared? The men stood outside the door with nervous looks plastered onto their faces, they all wanted to say something- to help! But they knew it would be better to keep their mouths shut. Throughout the years of working for Ouma Kokichi, they saw how nice he treated them and how surprisingly intelligent he was. He had the ability to hack, to manipulate, especially before he joined the organisation he would always find his way out of the authorities grasp. Even up until now, they still didn't know much about him. Kokichi had so much more to reveal soon enough. But who knows how many secrets he has? How many abilities, how high his intelligence is- he could probably even blackmail the government! No matter how much he tells them, he will always have something to keep hidden from them and possibly from himself without even knowing it. One time, Kokichi had managed to go against a group of trained police men, skilled ones. Somehow he was able to do a little 'hit & run'. How? No one knows, this guy is full of mysteries. Let's not forget Rantaro, he's currently knocked out in a separate room. He isn't feeling too good, too many injuries. Luckily there was a couple of doctors working for them, often people would come to Kokichi for safety and in return he would get them to work for him. At first, it seemed risky but weirdly enough; everyone who's worked for the organisation feel rather happy and safe. Kokichi sure does know how to keep promises, the majority who work here have a british accent while some are scottish or come from other countries because of how good they are with technology. For example, we have someone from China who's working with us. As well as someone who's from Japan. Most of the men don't understand them but Kokichi seems to.

Now why is Kokichi so angry?

Is it because Shuichi and Kaede escaped?

That's only part of it, but what really makes him more pissed-

Is the fact that Maki Harukawa managed to find her way out of the law's grasp.