Chapter 17 - The New Addition

Cassandra's POV

Our pack has been growing in the last couple of months. We sky rocketed in numbers, we went from a couple of members to thousands in just 4 months. The council and I made a deal. Any pack member that is looking for a new beginning could start fresh here. We had severe abused members start fresh here. We built up their confidence and body image. Even members that were kicked out for different reasons. We accepted them with open arms.

I'm 9 months along now and I could have this little girl at any moment. Plus there's a new neighbouring pack near by. They seem to want more than they can afford. We had several attacks from them but our pack is a lot stronger than they thought. We win every battle they sent our way until now. I'm not backing down just because I'm a female alpha! If they want a fight they'll get one! No members were lost in the battles. We decided knocking them out was the best choice, we're not here to kill members.

Sean has been busy lately in the office making battle plans in case we're attacked again. Whilst I'm sitting at my desk sorting out paper work. Bills to planning permissions from members. School forms for the teens and kids. We recently built a new school in town for pack members. Any "mythical creatures" are welcomed as long as they don't cause trouble, but it's expected.

Anyway, I'm going for lunch. I slowly got up from my office chair and walked to the end of the corridor. Pressing the elevator button, I hear the ting as the doors open. Ground floor soon comes into view. I make my way into the kitchen to prepare lunch, but I'm not surprised to see Red in there.

"Making lunch with me?" I question taking out the stuff I need for lunch. I'm making pumpkin soup, an old recipe my mother made sure I knew how to make. "Yup. Still making soup?" Scar asked chopping the cabbage that I placed in front of her. "Yup. Is your brother coming for lunch still?" I needed to make sure how many people are actually eating here today. "Yeah and Marie said that, she was making bread to go along with the soup. Frank is making that wonderful strawberry cheesecake you love. Do you know what would be funny?"

She asked filling a glass with water. "What?" I played along with a smirk on my face. "Getting back at Sean like this!" She threw the water all over my privates and down my legs! "Wow... What?!" I asked frowning. "Play along!" She whispered. "Sean! Come quick!" As soon as she shouted you could here him running down the stairs. "What?! What happened?!" He asked looking between the 2 of us. I simply looked down at the floor. "Oh shit!" Sean blew out a breath looking slightly panicked. He was getting red and I soon noticed he stopped breathing. I quickly took action and lightly slapped his cheeks. "Baby, calm down. Breath, you hear me?" He shook his head and held onto me. "Are you getting contractions yet?" I shook my head and placed a kiss on his lips. "The problem is that she completed wet my trousers and I need your help getting changed." I said in a serious voice, trying not to laugh. His jaw dropped. "Oh, you scared me!" He blew out a relieved breath and rubbed my stomach. I took his hand and pulled him behind me, as I made my way to our room.

Opening our bedroom door; I walked towards our closet. I picked out a navy strapless chiffon dress that went down to my knees. It's tight on my chest, then it flows down freely. Stepping back into my room, I see Sean by the window. "Sean? Could you please help me put this on?" He silently nodded and did as I asked. "Thank you!" I smiled at him and gave him a light peck on the lips. "You're welcome Hun." He said picking up the soaked clothes from the floor. He chucked the clothes in the hamper and went into the closet. He came back out with a pair of my flats. I sat down on the edge of the bed and took my shoes off. I took the other pair from Sean and put them on. I stretched my arms towards him, so he could help me up. He pulled me towards him and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Cheer up love, it was meant to be a joke." I said pinching his cheeks and making him smile. " I know but it wasn't funny. I-I had a nightmare last night... You went into labour in the middle of an attack! You were really badly hurt and I-I didn't know if you were going to make it or not!" He admitted running a hand through his hair. "It's ok. It was only a bad dream." I said giving him a hug. His arms tightened around me and mine around him. My head was in his chest as I softly rubbed his back to comfort him. We broke apart a few minutes later. "Come on now! Let's go downstairs!" I said dragging him down the corridor to the lift.