Chapter 9 - I'm Sorry

Cassandra's POV

I woke up by my baby boy's cry. I was up in an instant; completely ignoring my emotional pain. My babies need me, so I can't be hanging up on something as silly as emotional pain. I picked him up into my arms gently and changed his diaper then made a bottle and fed him. I watched him feed; he was getting so big. He was growing so fast that I couldn't believe my eyes. He looked to be about 2 months old but he was only a few weeks almost a month. His dark hair was falling over his eyes slightly, so I ran my finger tips over his forehead, pushing his hair back. His eyes were glued to my face watching me closely; for the first time I noticed the tiny flecks of blue in his dark chocolate eyes. I was running my fingers through his hair whilst he was drinking his milk.

He was finished in a matter of minutes, I laughed at his eagerness to eat. I patted his back gently until he burped; which to my surprise was quite a burp, it was really loud and big for a little fella like him. 'Excuse you little man!' My wolf said startling me. I jumped a little but not much that could frighten him. I rocked him gently, not too quickly to not make him barf. He was just staring at me for the longest time, he seemed to be memorising my features just as I was his little ones. A small yawn escaped his little mouth and then his eyes started to flutter his eyelashes, trying to keep his eyes open for longer than he can withstand. It was just so cute. I smiled down at him placing him back in his crib. I tucked him in and then checked on Erika, who was sound asleep, just how I left her at the start of the night. I kissed both once again tonight and placed myself under the comfort of the covers and went back to sleep or tried to.

I looked at the clock on the wall by the door to see it was 2 in the morning. Everything that happened at dinner in the kitchen came back to me. I can't believe Corbin would ever say something like that to me. I have never betrayed him or Sean. I love them both the same. They're my mates. I didn't choose them. What he said was out of order. I and Josh are just friends. Never been more than that. 'Why do you think Corbin said what he did to me?' I questioned my wolf. 'He was jealous that you spent the whole day with him practically. He wanted our attention just to himself. It was wrong what he said but he didn't realise what he said had hurt you. When you left he thought you were annoyed because you were being questioned about you're true feelings.' She replied. Well he couldn't be more wrong. I thought to my self. I went over everything over and over.

'You know that you should mate our mates soon, our heat and your bleed will start soon maybe between 2-3 weeks from now. I don't know if I can avoid it much longer... I'm sorry; I'm not strong enough to push it further.' My wolf told me making my eyes bulge. I looked back at the clock to see it was 4am. Wow, time goes by without you noticing when you're concentrated. I checked on my babies, to find them sound asleep. I walked out the door and into my bedroom to find Sean lying in bed and Corbin nowhere in the bedroom. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw he wasn't here. I didn't want to face him just yet.

Sean was sprawled out on the bed with a frown on his face, making me frown. What was bothering him? Was he having a nightmare? I stepped closer and saw him relax, his frown disappearing the closer I got to him. I gently picked up the covers that were by his feet and pulled it up over him, up to his shoulders. He snuggled further into the covers and let out a quiet sigh. I smiled at him; his hair was falling over his eyes, the same way it had happened to Erick earlier, but this time I didn't dare touch him. I was scared of waking him up.

I closed the window on my way to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me, turned the light on and then stripped my clothes off and threw them into the empty dirty hamper in the corner. I took a quick shower. I stepped out onto the cold bathroom floor.

I wrapped the towel around my body and with another towel; I towel dried my hair, brushed it and put it up into a messy bun. I brushed my teeth, turned the light off and walked out into the bedroom to see Sean still how I left him. I walked into the closet, shut the door behind me, turned the lights on and put on my under garments, my black yoga pants, that made my butt and legs look amazing and very defined. 'Now that will be torture for our boys.' My wolf laughed and I couldn't help but smile and agree. Then I put on a long sleeve white top, I pushed the sleeved up to my elbows then put on socks and my Ugg boots over them. I put a hoodie on too and pushed the sleeves up to my elbows too. I walked out quietly after shutting off the lights. I walked out of the bedroom into the nursery and checking on both babies. They were both sleeping. I'm surprise that they rarely wake up during the night, even though they are so small they sleep like rocks. Shaking my head at my thoughts I walked out and down the stairs.