Chapter 4 - Where am I?

Chapter 4 – Where am I?

Cassandra’s POV

 I got up and walked across the room Into the walk In wardrobe, picked out a black tank top and grey shorts. I walked out and Into the bathroom to take a shower; once I was finished I got dressed and went straight to bed.

Minutes turned to hours and sleep never took over me. I turned around to face Sean but he was fast asleep, with a sigh I walked out of the bedroom, down the stairs and out the door for a run at 2 In the morning.

I welcomed the fresh cool breeze of the morning once I stepped outside; I took In the environment around me. Shutting my eyes I took a deep breath and listened for any noise. I could hear heavy breathing from inside the house and the shuffling of small animals around In the forest.

‘Come on what are you waiting for? Shift! I want to stretch my legs.’ whines my wolf excitedly. ‘KK, I’m shifting! Just wait a second...’ I walked over to the oak trees at the end of the front yard at striped my clothes off and tied them to my ankle. After a few seconds I’m In my wolf form. ‘Ugh, It feels so good to stretch my legs!’ After stretching our muscles we started running our borders and throughout the territory, until I was pulled Into a dream like state.

“Run you dimwit, we have to get the girl!” ‘boldie’ said. ‘boldie’ looks about 45 years old, 6ft tall, buff and obviously bold. I could see an ugly white scar running down from the bottom of his left eye to the end of his jaw, which made him look deadly. “That one over there? That tiny little beauty?” Asked the retarded guy. The other guy looks to be about 29, 6ft2” with a very fit body. He also had a few scars running down his arms. “Yeah, you fucking moron. That's the chick.” Spat ‘boldie’. “Oh this Is going to be fun and quit calling me names!”

Wow, what the heck was that and who the hell Is the chick that they’re talking about? I shake my head and sent all those thoughts to the back of my brain and carry on with my running. I have no Idea where that came from. Then I heard a sound. Wonder what that Is. I followed the sound to find a beautiful waterfall that fell straight Into a clear lake that was reflecting the moon, like a mirror. I shifted back to human and put my clothes back on. Walking up to the lake slowly, I bent down running my hand In the water, which was surprisingly warm. I sat down at the water edge, dipping my legs In the water up to my knees and relaxed, letting my guard down for the first time since everything happened back In Alaska. I’m pretty sure that It’s about 4:30am because the sun Is starting to rise. I should get back home before Sean wakes up. So I got up but fell straight back down as I felt something hit me at the back of my head. Before blacking out I manage to mind link Sean. ‘Sean... Help me...’ 

Sean’s POV

I woke up startled; I was on edge just as my restless wolf. Something was wrong. I look beside me and Cassandra was not there. I tried to feel her but she wasn’t In the house. Where Is she? I got up and ran down the stairs to check If she was outside. There was nothing but her faint scent. Where could she be? I tried to follow her scent but It was everywhere. Then I felt a sting at the back of my head. Now I was confused. ‘Mate! Hurt! Help mate!’ My wolf howled In pain and exasperation. ‘That was a very small part of Cassandra’s pain! We are only able to feel a very faint bit of pain If her pain Is very strong until we mate her.’ “shit!” I cursed under my breath, where could she be? ‘She’s at the waterfall! Hurry!’ I didn't have to be told twice. I started running as fast as I could just as I heard ‘Sean... Help me...’ I ran through the forest as fast as I could push myself. As I neared the edge of the lake I saw and smelt something that made my blood boil. Her spilt blood on the ground and the scent of 2 hunters both male.