Chapter 20 - The Truth

@Love_Me_Always_2880

Cassandra's POV

"Alpha, we have a giant group of people saying that the council sent them. Their Alpha died or something...?" Scar said through the link. "Send them through to my home." I answered back.

Soon I heard the door bell. I opened the door with a bright smile. I had my hair in a 'all around the world'. I had yellow, purple, blue and black patterns of flowers. I was wearing black tights underneath with a pair of black high heels that aren't to high.

"Hello, your royal highness!" Scar said in a Shakespeare voice whilst bowing down at my door. I bow back playing along. "Good morning my fellow peasant!" The people behind her soon followed and bowed down too.

Scar burst out laughing falling to her knees and clutching at her stomach, as she sounded like a hyena. "Sorry. That's just the way she always greets me." I said, they all looked at each other and started laughing and pointing at each other, but as soon as Scar notices she laughs once again.

"Please come in." I led them to the lounge. "Please take a seat, I'll be back right away." I walked back to the kitchen, and picked up the tray of cookies, cups and milk. I set everything down with the help of a lady. "Thank you." I replied giving her a smile. She nodded her head in reply. "Please help yourselves, you must be hungry from the long journey." I said straightening out. They hurdled around the coffee table and took a few cookies and a cup of milk.

"I'm going to need to speak to the adults only. Those of you that are orphans and are 16, may stay. Everyone else can go with Ruby. Please show them the games and toy room." Ruby showed the way to them up the stairs. I could hear the pitter patter of the younger kids feet as they ran towards the toy room. "Please follow me." I said as I made my way to the conference room. I opened the door and held it open as they settled into a seat. With a quiet click to the door I sat down on my chair at the head of the table. I held the cream folder in my hands and began my confection.

"Last week I received this." I said lifting up the folder. "Inside was a job I had to do. I had to eliminate a persons life. That person was someone I loved but someone I became to loath. I saw and felt their true colours. They weren't pretty. This person has raped and killed throughout packs whilst rogue. In here you will find the victims to his crimes. This person was your old Alpha!" Gasps were heard as I said the last sentence; I chucked the folder into the middle and let them look through it. Who I assume was Beta looked up at me in surprise as his eyes had previously flicked through my name on the sheet. "Yes. I am one of those victims. I was in a relationship with him for 2 years, before he did the unthinkable." I opened the door behind me and saw Scar standing there. "So it's true... He's really dead...? You killed my first mate! Wow..." She said in shock a tear trickles down her cheek as a smile broke thorough. "Now you're free." She whispered. "I didn't want to do it but... I had to, not just for myself but for others too." I whispered back. "You have a soft heart! Your heart is delicate and full of love. Even though it has been broken by selfish and ruthless people in the past, you've managed to balance the good and evil that has happened to you. The most important thing is that everybody who has ever met you was encountered with love. That's what makes you special!" She said. I'm starting to think she had one too many joints. I cleared my throat and turned back to everyone. "You are to stay in the new pack house built recently. Orphans must stay here though. Dismissed." I said loud and clear.

I tap on my shoulder caught my attention. I turned around to come to face with a young man. Black hair, storm grey eyes and perfectly sculptured facial features, like the jaw, nose and cheekbones. Wide shoulders and a lot of muscles. This man stood tall and proud. "Xavier Woods. Old Beta to the previous pack." He said shaking my hand. "Cassandra Atkins. Pleasure to meet you." I replied with a polite smile. "Nonsense, pleasure is all mine." I nodded and walked back towards the entrance door. "Guide the new members to the NPH please. Then back to your shift." I told Scar. She nodded and walked away.