Chapter 2 - Our New Home

Chapter 2 Our New Home

I entered the driver's side and couldn't help feel a little out of place my family had always been poor, but we managed to always have enough money for food. I looked towards my mate and noticed that she had fallen asleep. The car purred to life with only a turn of the key. I checked the fuel and noticed that we will need to fill up in the next gas station. So I pull into the street and went straight to the highway.

'She's so beautiful and I can't believe it that we doubted that she didn't save herself for us.' My wolf mumbled ashamed of our assumptions. 'I agree with you.' I replied in all honesty. There was a sign saying that there was a gas station in the next exit, I took the exit and pulled over in the gas station and filled up the tank. I locked the car when I went into the shop; I looked around and bought a warm giant blanket, some water and a few chocolate bars and paid for the petrol.

I walked over to my mate's side of the car and open the door, unfolding the blanket and wrapping it around her. After I shut her door I checked on both babies, they were both sound asleep, I tucked them in a little more and returned to the driver's seat. 'Did you notice how the baby boy looks a little like us?' My wolf asked. 'I did actually, I 'm confused how they look so much like me and Cassandra. What do you think this means?' I enquired my wolf utterly confused. 'I have no idea; let's get home quickly so we can get our mate comfortable back at home. Pull over in the next baby store so we can get cribs and a changing table.' He ordered me. 'Good idea.' I said a little annoyed because I hate being ordered around.

I found a small shopping mall in Idaho and went straight to the baby store bought the cribs, the changing table, some new bottles, dummies, baby powder, wipes, nappy bags, baby formula, a twin stroller and other stuff. 'We bought everything we might need back home and maybe some things that she might not have enough of in the car for our babies.' My wolf told me with relieved tone. 'Since when did they become OUR babies?' I asked with an amused tone. 'Did I really say our babies?!' I could just imagine my wolf with wide eyes right now. 'You really did but I couldn't agree more. They're our babies now too not just hers.' I said in a very proud tone. 'Ha! Look who is staking claim now!' I rolled at that comment from him.

I turned right into the entrance of my territory and went straight home. I parked the car as my mother came out looking a little worried seeing a stranger's car, she couldn't see me because of the tinted glass. As I was about to get out of the car one of the babies started stirring. I've been driving all night and it's about 3pm now, so I didn't want Cassandra waking up any time soon. So I got out and took the babies out first handing them over to my mother.

She looked at me in utter shock and disbelief, completely wide eyed and speechless. She cleared her throat after getting over her shock. "Um, whose babies are these? You didn't kidnap them, did you?" I was shocked at her assumptions. "No mother there my babies now. I didn't kidnap them at all. I bought some stuff for them. I need to set up the cribs and the changing table in one of the guest bedrooms." I told her frowning. "Ok, honey sorry for assuming things. They look like you. Where is their mother? What are their names?" She asked surprised. "They aren't mine by blood but I did notice how they look like me and Cassandra and I have no idea what their names are I have to ask her." She looked at me bewildered. "YOU DON'T KNOW THEIR NAMES!" She exclaimed. "And who's Cassandra?" She asked in wonder, I smiled at that. "She's my mate and now their mother." I told her with a proud smile. "What do you mean she's their mother now? Where are their parents? Did you adopt them or something?" She rambled on. "No mother I didn't adopt them, she had them with her when I met her. They're newborns and survivors. Her pack got slaughtered by hunters and they're the only survivors." "Oh ok sorry for asking so many questions, I'll take them in, feed and change them, and then I'll make dinner for us. How about roast beef?" "Roast beef sounds good and thanks. I'm going to take Cassandra up to our bedroom now and then I'll set up the nursery."