Chapter 10 - Change

Chapter 10 - Change

Corbin's POV

I thought she was really going to reject me. I haven't been the best mate. I've been doubting her every step of the way that she has taken to get us here, where we are right now. My heart was still beating wildly at the scare that she had given me. My wolf and I whimpered at the thought of not being able to love her in every way possible.

Cassandra jumped when Sean cleared his throat. I was still in her arms as I was calming down. "If you're not rejecting us, what is it then?" Relief evident in his voice, I didn't bother turning back. I was happy as I could be at the moment.

"I wanted to get your thoughts on what we discussed at the picnic, when would you like to get turned? I have to do it before the next two weeks." She said looking up at Sean. Her voice was strong as if nothing's wrong but her heart gave her away, she was hiding something from us. I wouldn't have known if I wasn't so close to her.

"What are you not telling us?" I questioned pulling away with furrowed eyebrows and looking right into her blue eyes. "Nothing that needs to be discussed right now. So what are your thoughts on the matter?" Her voice serious, and defensive. So it must be something important. "What is it? Tell us?" I pressed on. "Drop it!" She demanded. "Why?" I replied. "Just do it! It's not relevant to this topic. So making it not as important!" Cassandra replied, her eyes widening when she noticed she said 'not as important' instead of saying 'not important'. "So it's still important? So why keep it from us?" I questioned my voice becoming hard. "It's not like you need to know! You accused me of cheating and now that I'm keeping something to myself you want to know?! What do you think it is? Huh? That it's a secret relationship? Is that what's going through your mind? Tell me!" Ouch! I deserved that one. She knew me so well. Shaking my head at my pessimistic thoughts I tried replying but nothing came out. All I did was just open and close my mouth. So I stood up and left, closing the door behind me.

Sean's POV

"It's not like you need to know! You accused me of cheating and now that I'm keeping something to myself you want to know?! What do you think it is? Huh? That it's a secret relationship? Is that what's going through your mind? Tell me!" She demanded looking at him in the eye. Corbin was unable to reply and all he did was open and close his mouth like a gold fish. He didn't deny her accusation at all. I couldn't believe him. How could he think so lowly of her? How could he doubt and question his mate, our mate like that? He suddenly paced out of the room shutting the door behind him.

I looked at Cassandra on the floor. Tears were threatening to fall at any moment. I could tell her breathing was hard and deep. I could hear her heart hammering against her chest at 1000 miles per hour. My heart shattered at the sight of her. 'Make her feel better. Make her forget even just for a second.' My wolf whimpered. I didn't have to be told twice. I went down on my knees and brought her into my arms and held her tightly. I ran my hand down her back soothingly; like she had seconds before to my ass of a twin. She didn't make a sound; just stayed wrapped in my arms.

'I just want to rip him to shreds; brother or not! How could he think that of our mate?! Did he not hear her past?!' My wolf growled in my head. He was beyond pissed, he was furious at our twin. I was too but my mate is more important.

"What was it you were planning on asking us?" I enquired as if nothing had just happened 30 minutes ago. I pulled away from her slightly so I was able to see her beautiful face. There were no tear tracks, absolutely nothing, just a cold empty stare. A shiver went down my spine and it wasn't one of the good ones, I was slightly scared of the consequences of what just happened. Did it change her is some way?