Chapter 15 - Surprise

Before we could do any furniture shopping, we had to wait for Cassandra to fully heal. Even though she said that she was perfectly fine after a week. I still don't believe that she would heal that quickly.

Flashback

Settling the keys to our house down on the table, after going through the house once more this morning. Cassandra sat up too quickly for my liking. A frown on her beautiful face and a hiss of pain was what she got as a consequence.

"Are you ok?" I asked worried sitting down beside her and taking hold of her hand in mine. "Just fine, thank you." She snapped back. She's been moody lately because of her pregnancy hormones, so I ignored it. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have snapped at you..." She apologised, already tearing up. Pulling her into my chest, I ran my hand down her back in a soothing manner. "Shh, it's ok. You didn't mean it. I'm not upset with you." I say calming her down.

Handing her our house keys she looks at me confused, her breakdown already forgotten. "What are these for?" She scrunched her eyebrows into a cute frown. "To set our house up. Decorate the house as you wish but I get to furnish our bedroom! Is that ok with you?" I question running my thumb over her frown. "Deal!" I heard her mumble. before she started giggling.

End Of Flashback

"Sean, I'm bored!" I smiled amused at her whining. "How about we go have lunch first?" I ask trying to get some more food into her system. "Ok, I'm actually in the mood for peanut butter..." She mumbles in response. I got up and went to her side, stretching out my hands. She latches onto them and I pull her up slowly. I place some slippers onto her feet. Holding her hand we make our way to the kitchen.

She sits down on a stool as get to work making her a peanut butter sandwich. I place the plate in front of her, with a glass of milk and some fruit. She devours everything in a matter of seconds. "Vampire speed." Is all she says. "Do you want to go for a walk?" Some fresh air might do her some good. She nods her head as she gets down from the stool.

We slowly make our way out. I pick up the picnic basket as we step outside. "Where would you like to go?" I ask looking down at her. "The lake would be nice." Nodding in response to her answer, I grab her hand and make our way there. I whistle a tune until we got to the lake. I let go of her hand to set up the blanket. She waits patiently by my side until I'm done. I stretch my hand up to help her lower her self down.

She accepts my hand and lodges herself beside me. I lie down with an arm underneath my head and the other around her waist. It soon moves up to around her shoulders when she lies beside me. Her head lands on the groove of my neck and her hand on my chest. Her bump is pressed against me, letting me feel how active the baby is.

A low moan escapes her lips and I feel a tear on my neck. "Baby, are you in pain? Where does it hurt?" I run my hand up and down her arm with the hand that was beneath my head. She nods at me. "My back..." She whispers. "Maybe a dip in a lake would do you some good..." I tell her. "Maybe, since the lake is warm." I slowly sit us up. I quickly remove her dress and my clothes and shoes. Luckily she has a bikini underneath.

I stand up and pull her up slowly, being extra careful because of her back. Her flip flops came off as soon as she got up. We walk slowly to the edge of the lake. She sits down at the edge and I jump into it. When I came back up to the surface I swam to her side. Her hands went to my shoulders as I lowered her down.Her head fell to my chest and her arms to my waist. I wrapt my arms around her and rubbed her lower back. I don't know how long we stayed there but soon Cassandra was complaining that she was hungry. I sat her down on the edge of the lake and then I got out to help her up.