Preparations

We were in a real life war this time, and I had never been this scared in forever. The future of the world was at stake. While Bucky was getting fitted for his new metal arm Shuri was building for him, I spent most of my time on the training course preparing for battle, Okoye was helping me train. She had me start off with a spear, but it didn't feel right to me and I saw that I couldn't fight as well. I somehow knocked myself to the ground from stabbing too hard with the spear. "I admire your passion, Sadie, but you are focusing too hard on the motion of the weapon. Focus on your passion and what you are fighting for." she helped me up from the ground.  "You have so much to fight for, never forget that." "Thanks Okoye," I replied wiping the sweat off my brow. "The spear doesn't suit you, I think I know what will," she had me follow her to the weapons room. She took a  machine gun that must have been bigger than me and handed it to me. "Don't let its size intimidate you." Okoye advised. "Alright," the weapon surprisingly felt light. Like the weapon was a perfect fit. I followed Okoye to a shooting range where a series of electronic targets were moving back and forth to make trying to hit them more difficult.

     I loaded the gun with ammo and began to fire at the targets. I took Okoye's advice and remembered what I was fighting for: my remaining family, my friends, the world, and Bucky, because he was my world. My mind went to my reasons for fighting and I let the weapon do its work. When I lowered my gun,  I saw that I had hit every single target in the bullseye. Okoye's eyes were wide with surprise, "Well done, you have made significant progress. You are ready for battle." she said like a proud mother. "I did have a great instructor," I replied modestly. I set my gun on a nearby table because my arms were cramping from tensing too much. I didn't realize that Bucky had been there the whole time, and he looked impressed. I also noticed that he had his new arm! Before I could say anything, he smiled at me proudly, "You never cease to amaze me." he gave me a hug. I felt secure and safe in his arms. I looked up at him, "Thank you, I also had a great example to follow." my comment made him go bashful. "You're sweet," he kissed me on top of my head. I looked at his new arm, and held his new hand. "How does it feel?" I asked curiously. "Like I'm complete, you complete me though." he said touching my face with his new hand. I smiled, "I'm so glad." just then Bucky got a mischievous grin on his face. "What?" I asked. "Now that I have two arms now I can do this!" he picked me up and carried me over his shoulder. I squealed like a little girl "What the heck Bucky!" "Young love." Okoye chuckled to herself as Bucky carried me off. 

After a while, he put me down and we took a walk through the city together. "How was your day, honey?" he asked squeezing my hand affectionately. "It was productive, I mainly trained with Okoye. How was yours?" I squeezed his hand in return. "Mine was productive as well, Shuri finally got my new arm to fit. It feels good to do things with two hands again." he flexed the new fingers. "That's wonderful Bucky," I kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks," he kissed me on the lips. "It was amazing to watch you on the shooting range. You're a warrior." he always made me feel good about myself.  "Thanks babe," I kissed him back. From that moment on, we trained together for the impending war.