The Song

We lived in the safe house for the next few months; I called my assistant and had her watch over the office until things calmed down. I was doing some research on the HYDRA base in Siberia that kept the other Winter Soldiers. It was a highly secure area, but this was back in 1991. Maybe it would be easier to infiltrate it to stop Zemo.

The men were sound asleep, but for some reason, I couldn't sleep. I got up from my bed to explore the safe house. I put my jacket on over my tank top so I wouldn't get cold. A record player was sitting on a table, and some records were beside it. I looked at the records, and I found an old Bing Crosby album called Rhythm on the River; this was one of my favorite albums! I took the record out of the sleeve, I set it on the record player, putting the needle on top, and music started to play. The song Only Forever was playing, and it was my all-time favorite song. I sat down on the couch and closed my eyes, listening to the beautiful lyrics.

"Beautiful song isn't it." I heard Bucky's voice. I opened my eyes to see him in front of me. He was wearing a white tank top and still wore his black pants. I saw the angry red line on his left arm where his metal arm met his skin. I felt terrible for him that he had so much pain. "It's one of my favorite songs," I smiled at him. "May I sit with you?" he asked. "Of course, nothing would make me happier," I motioned for him to sit with me, and he did so. "I remember when I first heard this song before I went off to Germany. I wanted to find a beautiful girl when I got back from the war, and I would cherish her forever," Bucky told me. "That's amazing, Bucky," I said. He seemed like a gentleman, and that made me attracted to him even more.
We were sitting very close together, our hands inches from each other. He laced his metal fingers with mine, which were cold to the touch, but I didn't mind. I decided to share with him why the song meant so much to me. "When I was little, my father would play this song on the CD player and waltz with me around the kitchen, and call me his rose," I chuckled at the memory; it had been twelve years since my father passed away, and my mom was killed in action while she was an agent for SHIELD, " I can still picture every detail. I remember my mom would watch from the living room with a smile on her face. She always told me that she hoped that I would find someone who would treat me like a princess." I could feel my eyes welling up with tears. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me." "It's okay, that's beautiful." he reached over at wiped my tears with his good hand. His fingers were gentle against my cheek, and I felt myself blush. I smiled and touched his hand.
Just then, he got up from the couch and held out his hands. His face lit up as if he remembered something. I giggled at his reaction. "May I have this dance, beautiful girl?" he smiled his handsome smile. I blushed and nodded. "Of course," I took his hands, and he gently pulled me to my feet. I held his metal hand while his good hand rested on my back. I leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes as we slow danced. He held me even closer, and he looked at me with the most loving eyes. "I love you, Sadie Foster." "I love you too, Bucky Barnes," I said. Telling him that I love him was the most freeing feeling in the entire world. He stroked my face, and our lips met. The kiss was soft and pure, heartwarming and gentle. I felt warm and fuzzy as he kissed me. I kissed him back softly but passionately. I could feel him smile as his lips met mine.
We stopped kissing each other, and we just looked at each other tenderly. "Where have you been all my life?" he asked, still holding me. I looked up at him and smiled. "Waiting for you," I hugged him.

Neither one of us wanted to go to sleep, so we decided to watch a movie together, we found a collection of old films and the one we chose was For Me and My Gal. We cuddled on the couch while we watched Judy Garland and Gene Kelly fall in love, trying to forget about the chaos that's been going on from outside the safe house. He had his arm around me, and he kissed me on the forehead. "How did I get so lucky?" "I could ask the same thing to you." I flirted, and I stroked his face. "I went through seventy years of torture, but you helped me find a way out of it. You're my angel." he kissed me softly. "You deserve all that is good in this world. You're such an amazing person, and I'm so grateful you came into my life. I love you so much." There was a certain glow on his face, and it was genuine happiness, something that he hasn't experienced in a long time. I could tell he liked it. "I love you too, beautiful girl." he smiled, his adorable smile that I loved so much. We kissed each other lovingly; it was as if we were teenagers falling in love for the first time instead of grown adults. We didn't want to be away from each other. "Why didn't you tell me I was in love with you?" he flirted by using a line from the movie. That made me happy because it was so cute how he smiled and flirted with me using movie quotes. "You're so cute." I cuddled up to him even closer, and he was stroking my hair, occasionally stealing a kiss.  All felt right in the world.
After the movie was done, he escorted me back to my room to wish me good night. "Thank you," Bucky said, kissing me on the forehead and holding me close. "For what?" I smiled; I was looking up at him while I was still in his arms. "For choosing me," he smiled adorably. I touched the side of his face and stroked his cheek, "As I said, I've been waiting for you." I kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you for choosing me," our faces were close to each other, and then we shared another kiss. "Goodnight, sweetheart." Bucky stroked my hair. "Goodnight, darling." this time, I initiated the kiss. "I love you so much," he said sweetly. "I love you too," I whispered.
Bucky went back to the room that was next to mine, and I jumped into my bed like an excited teenager. I slept in pure bliss.