The Next Morning

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face. I haven't been this happy in such a long time, and I loved this feeling! Bucky and I were in love; as I said, I felt like a teenager experiencing love for the first time.
I went into the kitchen to find Bucky already there cooking breakfast; he was cooking eggs and bacon. He looked up from the stove and smiled at me. "Good morning, beautiful," he gave me a good morning kiss. "Good morning, handsome," I flirted while kissing him back. The kiss was gentle and sweet, and my heart was warm and fuzzy whenever he would kiss me. "How did you sleep?" I asked, leaning my head against his shoulder. "I slept great, and I didn't have any nightmares for the first time in a long time," he kissed me on the forehead. I kissed him on the cheek "That's wonderful," I could tell he was getting better mentally, and that made me happy. "Did you have a good night?" he asked me flirtatiously. "Yes, because I was dreaming about you." I continued flirting. He kissed me on the forehead "I was dreaming about you as well," he flirted with me. It was kind of fun!
I sat down at the counter in front of him while he was still cooking the eggs and bacon. I then got back up and helped him cook; we did our tasks in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company. After we finished eating, we sat at the table together to eat our breakfast. He held my hand with his metal one, and the coldness didn't bother me. Just then, Steve and Sam entered the room and saw us holding hands. "Whoa! When did this happen?" Sam asked like a nosy high schooler. I looked at Bucky with loving eyes, "There's a lot you boys missed last night."
"It must have been good," Steve said, picking up an apple from the counter and taking a bite. "I love Sadie. She makes me so happy. All the thoughts in my head fade away when I'm with her." Bucky kissed me "She's my angel." "And you're mine." I held his hand and returned the kiss. "That's so adorable it makes me want to throw up," Sam said humorously. His snarky comment made us laugh. "I'm glad you both are happy," Steve approved of us being together. "Thanks, pal." Bucky smiled. Whenever he smiled, I would smile, because it had been a long time since he experienced happiness. I was touched that I was the reason he was happy. I knew that this happy moment was what he needed, but sadly we both knew that reality was creeping upon us. People were after him, and we needed to protect him. I would defend him with everything I had.