Reunion

I was shaken awake by Shuri, she seemed very excited about something. "Man, you sleep like a log!" she teased as I finally woke up. I sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. "What's going on, Shuri?" "We're going to bring your boyfriend out of the ice. He's been in there long enough and I think it's time you two reunite." she said excitedly. My heart started to beat with excitement, and I grinned. "I'm so happy!" I got out of bed and went into my bathroom to get ready for our reunion. I brushed through the tangles in my hair and let it hang in waves. I brushed my teeth and put on some mascara and a light application of lipstick. I wore my favorite yellow blouse and wore black pants with black flats. I wanted to look beautiful for him, but not in an extravagant way but a more simple way. "Come on up to the lab," Shuri beckoned me to follow her to the elevator and up to the lab. My hands started to shake with anticipation, it's been a long year without him. I was ready to be reunited with the love of my life. I intended to keep my promise that I would be there when he woke up from the ice.

    "Is he going to be in any pain?" I asked Shuri while she was turning on some machines and monitoring the cryochamber. She looked at me, "He'll be a little disoriented when he wakes up, but having you here with him will be a source of comfort. You will also make readjusting easier for him." "Okay," I replied gazing at Bucky's sleeping form. T'Challa came into the lab to make sure everything went smoothly. "It's time for a reunion." he told me and Shuri. My heart was beating rapidly once again and I made sure I looked presentable and attractive. I felt like a teenager about to go on her first date. Shuri pushed a few buttons on the side of the cryochamber and the sheet of ice began to slide back slowly.

     Bucky took a deep breath and he opened his eyes; he looked around at his surroundings and then his eyes met mine. "Hello Sadie." he smiled at me with tears glistening. I smiled, "Hello Bucky." tears of happiness escaped. Shuri pressed another button to take the harness off of him so he could come to me. I held out his hand to him in case he lost his balance from being under the ice for so long. He took my hand as I helped him off the platform. Bucky touched my face with his remaining hand and he stroked it. "Just needed to make sure you're real." he kissed me with so much love. I put my arms around him and returned the kiss. He held me close, "I missed you so much." "I missed you too." I looked up at him and smiled. "How do you feel?" I asked curiously. "Wonderful." he replied excitedly. It was so adorable, and as I studied him I could tell he was mentally healthy. "I'm so glad. I'm happy for you." I haven't felt this happy in a long time. I looked at him lovingly, "Welcome back." this time I kissed him. We had forgotten that Shuri and T'Challa were there. She grinned, "That's my OTP!" "What are you talking about?" T'Challa asked her. "It means one true pairing. Honestly, T'Challa." she made a show of rolling her eyes. Bucky chuckled, and his arm was still around me. "We'll leave you two alone." T'Challa politely. "Come on, Shuri." despite her protesting, they walked out of the lab leaving us.

  "Let's take a walk together," I suggested while holding his hand. "I would love that." he kissed me on the cheek. I saw him take a small black box off the table by the cryochamber and then put it in his pocket.  We rode the elevator down from the lab and we made our way outside of the palace. I felt whole again having Bucky back in my life. We completed one another. "You have a beautiful singing voice by the way." he said out of the blue while we were still walking. I looked at him stunned, "You heard me singing to you?" "Yes, it healed me. Hearing you sing was so comforting. It was as if the stuff in my head was fading away." he smiled at me as if he was smitten. "You really are my angel." he kissed me. "I love you so much, and I want to be with you forever." suddenly he got down on one knee and pulled the black box out of his pocket. He had me crack the lid open to find a beautiful amethyst diamond ring. He was proposing!! "I promise to always be there for you and protect you. I'll always support you and make sure I take care of you." I could tell he was getting nervous. "Sadie Joan Foster, will you marry me?" "A thousand percent, yes!" I exclaimed happily. I helped him stand up and put the ring on my wedding finger and then he kissed me. "I love you so much, Bucky. I'm grateful you chose me." I held his hand lovingly. "I'm grateful you chose me, Sadie. For the longest time I didn't think I could be loved. You helped me through the darkest times, and for that I'm forever grateful to you. I love you with every ounce of my being." we held each other close, and it felt as if we were the only people in the whole world. "I'm glad I could be of help." I flirted. That whole day felt magical: Bucky had come back into my life, and now we were engaged to be married. Nothing could have made that day more perfect.