Prologue

My name is Sadie Foster, I am twenty six years old and I'm a psychologist and an undercover agent for SHIELD. I was what you called an overachiever as a child; I would always get perfect grades and do all the extra credit work. I kept that up even as I got to college. Now after graduating from Yale, I was able to open my own practice for psychological services. I specialize in those who have traumatic memories and stress; it's my job to help them find a way through their trauma and to help them learn healthy habits to not let their trauma control them. I have even worked with Tony Stark for the past two years to help him overcome is anxiety attacks; he is my frequent patient so we're like family.
  I am close friends with The Avengers, also known as Earths Mightiest Heroes. Natasha Romanoff was like a big sister to me, she's always there for me and we always have fun on the training grounds and going shopping and doing other fun things. Sam Wilson was the funniest guy I knew, the man would never stop cracking jokes! Sam has a good heart and always protects everyone. Wanda Maximoff was an interesting person. She was more reserved because of how troubled her past was and she lost her brother Pietro recently, but she was so kind and sweet. She's a lot stronger than she gives herself credit for. Vision was quite the character, he's an android that was created by Tony. He used to be an artificial intelligence system named JARVIS. Vision is so curious about life and is always wanting to learn more. James Rhodes was a close friend of Tony and sometimes he was one of my patients as well. Rhodes was one of the people I would go to for advice.
  If I had to pick the Avenger I was the closest with, it would have to be Captain Steve Rogers. He was an honorable man and had a great love for his country. I always told him everything and he had the best advice, and he was so easy to talk to and he was my closest friend. He has told me about his childhood best friend named James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes. From what he told me they seemed so close like brothers. Now he's an assassin known as The Winter Soldier.
I had no idea that Bucky would be my next patient and I didn't know that we would grow so close and fall deeply in love with each other.