Wedding

Bucky and I decided to get married the next night. We didn't want to wait any longer, and soon all of Wakanda was preparing for our wedding. I realized I didn't have a dress to wear, but maybe I could figure something out. I took the elevator up to my room and what I saw made my jaw drop; there was a beautiful white wedding gown with a floor length skirt and white laced sleeves laying on my bed. A long lace veil laid there as well. "We ordered it for you when we found out that you're getting married!" Shuri exclaimed. "Shuri, thank you!" I got teary eyed and hugged her. "You're welcome, I'm so happy for you!" She hugged me back. She was like the little sister I'd always wanted. "I need to get ready!" I said scrambling to the vanity in my room. I did my hair in an elegant updo and styled my makeup in a simple 1940's inspired look. I didn't recognize myself in the mirror, because normally I didn't wear makeup or if I did I would keep it completely natural. I looked like I was from a different era.

Shuri helped me into my dress and once again I looked at myself in the mirror. I had dreamed of my wedding since I was a little girl. "A bride isn't complete without a veil." Shuri smiled and put the veil at the base of the updo. I had to keep blinking to keep from crying. "I'm only sad because my parents won't be able to share this moment with me." I quickly blinked a tear away before it could escape. My parents had promised they would be there to see me get married, but life had other ideas. "They are with you, in spirit." Shuri reminded me. Suddenly, T'Challa and Okoye knocked on the door and came into my room. "Show time." T'Challa said. "You've got an excited groom waiting for you," Okoye said with a knowing smile. I grinned like an idiot at the thought of him being excited to see me. I was just as excited to see him.

Just as we were about to go to the ceremony, I turned to T'Challa, "Will you walk me down the aisle?" "It would be my honor." he said kindly. I hugged him in gratitude as he took my arm and we made our way outside. The field was decorated with a gazebo with fairy lights and candles. The citizens of Wakanda were there as well as Agent Ross. Steve was there as well, Bucky had chosen him to be the best man. I saw a projection of me and Bucky dancing together, and our song was playing. I had realized Shuri had invented a projector that played your most treasured moments. I blinked back tears before they could fall as T'Challa and I reached the end of the aisle and I saw Bucky. His long dark hair was slicked back and he was wearing a tuxedo with the left sleeve cut off. His blue eyes lit up when he saw me, and he smiled. T'Challa sat down with his sister in the front row of chairs. Steve was officiating the wedding and he smiled at us. The wedding was about to begin.
          "Welcome everyone, the bride and groom are so happy you all could make it to their special night. Seeing the love of Bucky and Sadie is inspiring," Steve looked at us both proudly. "They both have been through some difficult times, but they always counted on each other to get through those times. I had never seen Bucky this happy in years and I'm grateful he came into Sadie's life." then it was time for the vows. "Do you, James Buchanan Barnes take Sadie Joan Foster to be your wife as long as you both shall live?" "I do," Bucky answered squeezing my hand. "Do you, Sadie Joan Foster take James Buchanan Barnes to be your husband as long as you both shall live?" Steve asked me. I looked at Bucky lovingly and said, "I do. Always and forever." We exchanged rings symbolizing our union. "The bride and groom will now share their vows," Steve announced to the guests. "Sadie," Steve invited.  

    With shaky hands I began my vow, "James Buchanan Barnes, meeting you was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I could feel a connection developing between us. Ever since I was a little girl I've always imagined meeting the man I was going to be with for the rest of my life." the tears I had been holding back finally escaped, but they were happy tears. "Bucky, you are my knight in shining armor. You are the love of my life and my best friend. I promise to always be there for you and support you. I will always choose you and love you." I wiped my eyes as I finished my vow. Bucky smiled at me lovingly and used his remaining arm to wipe a tear away from my face. "Bucky," Steve said trying not to cry. Then, the love of my life began his vow, "Sadie Joan Foster, my beautiful girl. You are my angel. You are the light of my life that made all the darkness fade away. I fell in love with you the first moment I saw you, and you helped me get to Romania. Your kindness stuck with me since then." he clutched my hand. "I didn't think I was worthy of being loved because of the mistakes I made while I was unwillingly working for HYDRA, but you saved me, and for that I'm eternally grateful." tears were shining in his eyes. "I promise to always be there for you and protect you from whatever dangers threaten to come between us. I will always find my way back to you, I will always treat you like the queen you are. I promise to always love you and stay by your side." he kissed my hand and I touched his face. Steve was crying, but he kept himself composed. "I now have the honor of pronouncing you husband and wife. Bucky, you may kiss your bride." 

  "I love you," Bucky leaned in and kissed me. "I love you." I kissed him back. The guests erupted  in applause as Bucky and I kissed. He and I were now husband and wife.