Chapter 8: Birthday Party (The Event)

-DIXON-

Right after I bring Czarina home yesterday afternoon, I went to Russel’s Unit [a gay which I hated ever since], to talk about the details of the celebration. Like of what we have been agreed yesterday, we are now here in the beach to celebrate the 1st day of celebration.

We prepared five tents in all to be occupied by eight attendees and one celebrant. To be honest, we’re just 8 who are here, but Gwen told me last night that Russel will be having a surprise visitor. Well, I don’t know his (Russel) circle of friends then, aside from Czarina so I don’t have a clue whether who that surprise visitor would be.

Luke and Marco, attended even they were not close to Russel. Maybe it’s because of Lexi and Dianne which belong to Russel’s current circle of friends.

If not Gwen, I will never attend to this kind of party. I hate gay right? And Russel was not supposed to be excempted but because Gwen plead me, I was left no choice. One thing I am curious about myself. Why can’t I say NO to her?

Natapos na naming ayusin ang kaniya-kaniya naming tent. The dark had been occupied the whole area so we have to make a fire for a light. We were busy making a fire when someone arrived. Agad namang lumapit si Gwen at Russel para salubungin ng yakap ang kararating lang na bisita.

“Thank you for coming. Hindi ko talaga akalain na pupunta ka. You’re miles away from us, so I was really surprised seeing you here. Thank you”

Russel said and hugged the man. Even I don’t see his face, I could sense that Russel is now teary eyes because of his special visitor’s arrival.

“I missed you!” sabi naman ni Gwen na nakisali na rin sa grouped hug. Tss.

“I am happy seeing you like that. Who wouldn’t thought na magkakasundo kayo”

The visitor answered right after they departed from the hug. So that explains why we leave the last tent empty. It was reserved for him.

Nagsimula na kaming mag indianseat pabilog sa apoy. I keep on staring the new attendee since he keeps on looking at me as well. A boy who introduced himself as Ford. That name sounds familiar, pero hindi ko alam kung saan ko ‘yun narinig.

Well, tonight we did nothing just keep on sharing our personal stories. I mean THEIR personal stories. Hindi naman ako nag-share ng sa’kin eh. I choose not to.

Pagkatapos non, bumalik na kami sa kaniya-kaniya naming tent. Marco shares his tent with Dianne, Luke shares with Lexi, Russel of course shares his tent with his boyfriend Franklin, and I share my tent with Gwen.

Noong una nga akala ko kay Ford siya makiki-share since they were friends. Kaya nagulat ako nang pinili niyang mag-over night over my tent.

This would be my first time again sharing my bed with her, after our official break up. When we are in our relationship, may time na don siya natutulog sa bahay. We are legal in my side, but we aren’t in her side. I didn’t even got to know her dad. 

Nakatalikod siya sa’kin at nakatalikod rin ako sa kaniya. Kumbaga, we are facing with the opposite wall.

“Dixon?”

I heard her called me in a deep night. I thought she was asleep already, pero hindi rin siguro siya makatulog gaya ko.

“Hmm?”

I just answered without changing my position. Naramdaman ko siyang nagbago ng position kaya tumihaya ako.

“I missed you”