Chapter 18: A Truth Disguised Into a Lie

-DIXON-

It’s been a week since my last meeting with Czarina. I always wanted to be with her but the situation doesn’t allow me to be so. I really missed her, I wanna hug her the way I do back then and I wanna hold her hand and kissed it gently like how I used to do.

I always wanted to spend my night with her, and talk anything beside her. I missed that moment. When I will be feeling that again?

“Nandito ka lang pala, kanina pa kita hinahanap” a familiar voice echoed at my back.

I turned my head to confirm who it was, and then I found out that she was the same person with a girl came at the back of my head upon hearing her voice.

I did not bother myself answering it. I just looked on the opposite direction and let her sat down on the vacant seat. Wala naman kasi kaming pasok ngayon after recess since Ma’am Divinagracia has something to do.

“I hope you don’t mind if I take this seat”

As if I could forbid her, afterall nakaupo na siya eh.

Hindi ko pa rin siya tiningnan, I actually don’t want to share this table with her but I have no choice. Nandito lang naman ako sa canteen para magpalipas oras. Tapos na rin kasi akong mag-snack.

“Kamusta ka? Why it seems like... ang lalim lagi nang iniiisp mo? Do you have problem, or does something bothering you?”

Don ako napatingin sa kaniya. I want to tell her that she is one of the reasons why I am like this. But of course I won’t do that, I still do respect her.

I take a deep sigh before answering her.

“Wala, may biglang sumagi lang sa isip ko”

I hope my alibi will work. To be honest, pinoproblema ko ang sa’min ni Czarina. I want us to go back to normal. ‘Yung free kami na ipakita ang totoong estado ng relasyon namin at ipakalandakan sa buong mundo na mahal namin ang isat-isa. If only Ford won’t do something to forbid us, then there might be no problem. I started to dislike him. Maysado na siyang sagabal sa relasyon namin ni Czarina, where in fact, he is just a bestfriend. He’s acting over than how he should.

“Oh I see. By the way, have you pondered my offer last week, I think?”

Mula sa kawalan, muli kong ibinaling sa kaniya ang tingin ko. I also started to think of what offer she was reffering to. Pero wala akong matandaan.

“Offer?” I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her curiously.

“As expected, you forgot. Let me just remind you, ‘di ba sinabi ko sa‘yo na gusto kong ibalik ang dati natin. If you will allow me to be your girlfriend again, I promise not to do the same I did before. Just give me one more chance to prove you that I have changed”

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko na nakapatong sa table, but I refused to allow her hold it.

“Napag-usapan na rin natin ang bagay na ‘yan, ‘di ba? Look, we can not put a water on fire because it will burn out the moment you do. Hindi na natin puwedeng ipagpilitan ang mga bagay na hindi na magkapareho. We don’t feel the same way now, Gwen. And I don’t want to hurt you just because of it”

A smile on her face started to fade as I have done my statement. Her eyes became teary as if it will produce tears any moment.

“But you can add that fire with something will make the fire inflame again. You can add gases, flammable things or whatsoever to make fire again”