Chapter 3

Kaycee

"Brooke, have you seen my phone?" I said as I walked into the main area of our hotel room.

"No, I haven't seen it. I don't think I saw you on it at all last night. Did you bring it when we went out?" She asked while she was eating her breakfast that room service had brought up.

"Yes, I had it when we left the Chart House last night. I was checking emails when.." I gasped and sat down on the sofa.

"When what?"

"When that guy walked out of that hotel and ran into me. I was in such a tizzy that I didn't even think to make sure I got everything."

"Here let me call your phone and maybe someone will answer it." She ran to her bag and pulled out her phone. She handed it to me while it was dialing.

"They are never going to answer." I sighed.

"Hello?" I heard on the other line.

"Oh, hello, you actually answered. You have my phone." As I was talking I could hear myself sounding extremely flustered.

"I tried to catch up with you last night, but you guys were gone so fast. I'm sorry again for knocking you down last night." He actually sounded sincere which surprised me.

"That's okay, I wasn't really paying attention. I should have been watching where I was going instead of checking my emails." I said sheepishly. "But anyways, we are actually leaving tonight. Is there anyway that you could bring my phone to my hotel?" Brooke was standing in front of me crossing her fingers.

"Yeah, sure where are you." He asked.

"We are staying at Caesars Palace. If you want to drop it off with the front desk my name is Kaycee Johnson." I said high-fiving Brooke. She jumped up and down and then went back to eating her pancakes.

"Okay, I'm not staying too far from there. I will bring it."

"Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome, Kaycee." It sounded like he was smiling when he said my name.

"Bye." I said and gave Brooke back her phone.

"Why are you smiling?" Brooke asked.

"I'm not." I said as I picked up a fork and started eating some of the fruit.