Chapter 7

Kaycee

Brooke and I were settling into our seats on the phone. I was next to the window. I had my iPad out and I was looking through my movies to see what I wanted to watch on the plane ride.

"Do you want any of my magazines?" Brooke asked, holding up five different ones.

"I'm okay right now. I think I am going to watch a movie and try to take a nap." I said and I pulled my neck pillow out of my bag.

"What are you going to watch?" She asked, leaning over and looking at my iPad.

"I don't know. I'm trying to decide between The Choice or The Best of Me." I smiled.

"Well, you're going to cry either way." She laughed. "I say watch The Choice. It has a way better ending."

"Yeah, you're right." I said clicking on the movie and putting headphones in.

The plane ride felt like it was lasting forever. My movie was over and Brooke was talking to some guy in the seat next to her. He was cute and very much her type. Green eyes. Wearing a suit. Talk, dark, and handsome. A business man that travels. She was laughing at something he said that probably wasn't as funny as she made it seem.

"Hey Brooke." I said tapping her arm.

"Oh hey. Is your movie over?" She turned towards me and mouthed, "he's so cute."

I rolled my eyes and let out a little giggle. "Yes it is. Do you care if I read some of you magazines? Since you're not using them." I winked.

"Oh yeah! Sure." She reached into her bag and pulled out all of them.

"Thank you." I said taking them from her.

I turned my iPod on and started flipping through the pages. All of them were mostly gossip magazines that had articles about how Brad and Jennifer are supposedly going to get back together. I mostly just skimmed the pages and looked at the pictures. There wasn't anything really catching my attention. I had one more magazine and then I was going to try to sleep the rest of the flight.

"OH. MY. GOSH." I whisper-yelled and started yanking on Brooke's arm when I flipped to page two of the magazine.

"Ouch! What?" Brooke said, jerking her arm from me.

"It's...it's...it's.." I couldn't even find the words for what I was looking at. I handed her the magazine and pointed at the picture.

"Holy crap!" Brooke squealed. "Is that?"

"Yes!"

"Oh my gosh!" She started reading the article.

"So Matthew never mentioned anything to you about being a musician? Or being in a band? Anything?" She said, still skimming the magazine.

"Brooke, we've had a total of two conversations and you were listening to both of them."

"This is so cool!"

"Cool?" I facepalmed myself. "I ran into him and fell flat on my butt. I'm sure he and his friends were laughing at me the whole time." I shook my head in my hands. I was so embarrassed.

"I doubt they were laughing at you. He seemed like a really nice guy."

"Yeah, I guess so." He did hand deliver my phone instead of just dropping it off at the front desk.

"It'll be okay." She smiled. "Now at least you can say you met someone famous."

I laughed a little. "True. No one would ever believe me. It's not a big deal. It's not like we are ever going to see each other again."

"Right! Well, unless we decide to go to a concert or something." She winked.

"Yeah right." I knew he was too good to be true. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep the rest of the flight.