Chapter 22

Kaycee

    After Matthew took me back to the hotel, Brooke and I headed to the airport. We've been home for about two weeks. I have been talking to Matthew each day since we've been back. We've been texting and FaceTiming a lot. I wasn't really sure where it was going to go. I just knew that I really liked him. Which was a little scary.

    "So, what's new with you and Matthew?" Brooke asked. We were laying by the pool.

    "Nothing. We've been talking and FaceTiming a lot." I told her as I rolled onto my stomach.

    "When are you guys going to make it official?" She questioned.

    "I don't know. He lives in L.A. How would that even work?"

    "Uhm, you'd be in a long distance relationship? That's how. You guys are basically doing it now."

    "I don't know. He's always on tour and I'd hardly ever see him."

    "Kaycee, it's nothing to jump on a plane and you guys fly to each other. If I'm being honest, I think you're crazy if you don't date him."

    "Well thanks."

    "I'm just saying this is the most I've seen you smile and be happy in, I don't know how long." She sat up. "You can't say you don't like him."

    I sat up and looked at her. She wasn't wrong. "I don't want to get hurt."

    "Honey, you can't live your life worried about getting hurt. You've gotta risk it if you ever want to be happy again. We've both had some crappy luck in the love department, but I think your luck might be changing. I think Matthew really likes you."

    "You think so?" I knew she was right. Not everyone was going to screw me over.

    "Girl yes, You guys are texting constantly and he FaceTimes you every night. I can hear you guys talking about your books, the stars, and all of your random conversations while I'm trying to sleep. Just promise me you'll keep an open mind and if he asks you to be his girlfriend consider saying yes."