Chapter 19

Matthew

    The South Carolina show was the best one I had in quite a while. I kept trying to peak to the side while we were performing to see if Kaycee was having fun. Her and her friend were dancing around and cheering the whole time. Which made me have more fun, too.

    "She needs to come to more shows if you're going to perform like that." Drew said while we were changing after the show.

    "Tonight was a good night." He knew me too well. I was already thinking the same thing.

    "Maybe she can be your good luck charm." He said. He was sitting in the chair by the door while I finished up. James and Josh had already gone out with the girls.

    "Good luck charm? Seriously?" I laughed and threw my sweating shirt at his face.

    "Gross. You stink dude." Drew threw the shirt on the ground. "So, what's the plan for tonight?"

    "What? You and Brooke didn't plan the whole night?" I was nervous. I wanted tonight to be fun. I didn't want her to think that I was some stuck up guy who was all wrapped up with being famous.

    "Like I said I just sent her the passes. She got Kaycee here. Now it's up to you guys."

    "Oh great." I pulled my phone out and started looking up stuff we could do. "There's a bowling alley not too far from here."

    "That'll be cool. I didn't know they had a bowling alley the last time we were here."

    "Last time we were here, we left right after the show." I looked to make sure they were going to be open all night.

    "Yeah, you're right." He said and started looking at his phone. "Are you ready yet? I'm starving." He is literally always starving.

    "Yeah. I'm ready. Let's go save the girls from the two clowns."