Chapter 32

Kaycee

    Brooke and I got to the venue at 7:45. They had already been on stage for forty-five minutes. They should be done soon.

    "Are you ready?" Brooke asked after I put the car in park.

    "Yes, but I wish I would have changed. I look terrible." I whined and looked in the mirror. I was still wearing my shirt and leggings from my hike.

    "You're fine. Now get in there and get your man!" She squealed.

    "Okay! Have you seen my phone?" I looked around.

    "No. It's probably in your bag. Come on! We can't waste any time!"

    "Okay, let's go." We jumped out of the car and ran to the side door.

    "Name?" A very large man inquired.

    "Kaycee Thomas." I handed him my I.D.

    "She your plus one?" The man asked.

    "Yes." I anxiously answered. He handed me my I.D. back and motioned for us to go inside.

    We followed the sound of the music and found the stage. One of the stage hands came up and asked who we were. When I told him my name his eyes got big.

    "Follow me. You can watch from right here." We followed and I saw all the guys singing on stage. When the song was over Matthew started talking into his mic.

    "We've all gone through heartbreak right?" The crowd yelled and cheered in agreeance. "Have any of you ever wanted to tell someone that you loved them and waited too long?" The crowd yelled again. A guy from the opposite side of the stage ran a guitar out to Matthew.

    "Matthew wrote a new song and thought it would be a good night to play it for you guys. No one has heard it before. We want to know what you guys think. Sound good?" Drew said while Matthew was getting prepared. The whole crowd started cheering and Matthew began playing the guitar.

"I don't know why it was so hard,

I already know who you are.

Saying this should be so easy,

I love you is all it is

Come back and save me from this."

    "Oh my gosh. He is singing about you!" Brooke squealed. I was trying to pick my jaw up off the ground.

    After the song the crowd was cheering and screaming loudly. The guys all bowed and thanked the crowd for coming. They started walking off stage. Matthew was walking towards me and when he finally saw him I noticed him smile.

    "Kaycee, what are you -?" I cut him off by jumping into his arms and kissing him.

    "Oh gross!" James made a gagging noise as he walked past us.

    Matthew sat me down and we both laughed. He hugged me really tight as the rest of the boys walked off stage.

    "Okay guys. Nothing to see here!" He started hearding James, Josh, and Brooke away.

    "Wait! Why me?" Brooke was trying to push around Drew.

    "Nope. You're coming with me." He picked Brooke up and threw her over his shoulder. "Alright. Goodluck guys. Come find us when you're done." He gave Matthew a thumbs up and walked away with Brooke kicking over his shoulder.

    "That song was beautful." I said when we were alone.

    "Thank you. I wrote it last nigt. I thought you were -."

    "I know what you thought. I'm sorry. After I saw you with Ashley I freaked myself out. I know you said that you were just friends and I believe you. I think I just felt like I wasn't good enough to be part of your world and you're life. So, I just decided to put a stop to everything."

    "Kaycee, why would you ever think that you're not good enough? You are more than enough." This time he kissed me. Everything felt so perfect. "Kaycee, I want you to be part of my world. I want you to be a part of my everything. I love you."

    I smiled and said, "I love you, too!"