Chapter 23

Matthew

    "Hey guys. I know it's early and this is last minute, but there is a premiere you guys got invited to. You have a couple of days off, so I figured you could fly back today and then fly back into Nashville and meet the bus and everyone there on Thursday. Sound good?" Our manager, Stan, asked over the phone.

We all looked at each other nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good." Drew answered.

"Awesome. Your flight leaves in a few hours. I'll email you the information." Stan said before he got off the phone.

I bet you're excited." Drew said, leaning against my bunk.

"Why do you say that?" I was quickly putting stuff in my bag.

"That puts us in Nashville a whole day earlier than planned."

"Oh yeah. It does, doesn't it?" I looked up from packing my bags and smirked. I was pretty excited. I would have a whole day to spend with Kaycee before the concert in Nashville. Drew walked away shaking his head and chuckling.

We got back to L.A. around 1 p.m. We didn't have long to get ready. Luckily, our manager had our stuff sent over to the house and ready to go when we got there. We all met downstairs once we got ready and took a couple pictures to send to Stan. I also sent one to Kaycee.

"You clean up nice!" She responded. I was working on my response when the doorbell rang.

"Matthew, you're the closet." James yelled.

"I'm going." I jumped up off the couch and went to the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to the premiere, too. Stan called me this morning. So here I am. How do I look?" Ashley spun around in the doorway.

"You look nice." I said. Stan had really crossed the line. I couldn't go to the premiere with Ashley. Especially if I want things to work with Kaycee.

"Can I come in or do you want me to wait outside?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry. I'll be right back." I walked into the kitchen where the guys were talking.

"Who was at the door?" Drew asked.

"Ashley."

"Wait what? Why?" James closed the refrigerator door.

"Apparently Stan called her and invited her."

"Oh crap." Josh said. "What are you going to do?"

"I can't go with her. I'm trying to make things with Kaycee work. I'd planned on asking her to be my girlfriend at the Nashville show."

"Call Stan." Drew said and tossed me his phone with his number pulled up.

"Hey Drew! What's up? You guys are ready?" Stan answered.

"It's Matthew. Did you invite Ashley to go with me?"

"Yeah, is she there? You guys should be leaving soon?"

"Why did you do that? I told you I don't like her like that."

"This is going to be good for you. She's got a lot of followers and your fans love you together." I swear he never listens.

"There's another girl. I don't want her to get hurt by this."

"It'll be fine. Go to the premiere. Have fun. Take some pictures. Then I promise I won't do this again without asking."

I sat there for a second and didn't say anything. "Okay. Last time." I said and I hung up the phone.

"How are you going to explain this to Kaycee?"

"Hey guys! The car is here!" Ashley yelled cheerfully from the living room.

I sighed and said, "I have no idea. I'll just have to tell her the truth. Let's go and get this over with.