Chapter 12

Kaycee

"Holy! Crap!" I screamed.

I heard a loud bang and then my bedroom door flew open, "What? What's wrong?" Brooke asked, panting.

"You're never going to believe me!" I said and tossed her my phone.

"OH MY GOSH!" She screamed and started jumping up and down. "When did you guys exchange numbers?"

"What are you going to say?" Brook said quietly.

"I don't know. What should I say?" I instantly got nervous.

"Um. Just be like 'hey'" She said.

"Seriously?"

"What? It always works for me." She shrugged.

I shook my head and started typing out a message.

"What are you saying?" She said, peering over my shoulder.

"Calm down." I laughed. "I just said 'Well hey there when did you manage to slip your number into my phone?'"

"Really?"

"What is wrong with that?"

"You know what? Nothing. That sounds like something you would actually say."

"Thanks? I think?" I rolled my eyes.

"You're talking to a celebrity right now! How does that make you feel? She gushed.

"He's just a person. I'm not going to get all gushy and crazy because he's famous."

"Are you going to tell him that you know?"

"Well yes!" My phone went off.

"What'd he say?"

"He said 'Yeah, I thought maybe we could keep in contact. When you called about your phone that day you seeed..nice. Is that weird?'"

Kaycee - No, not at all. How are you?

Matthew - Great. Getting ready to go on another work trip. Wby? Have you picked out your next destination yet?

Kaycee - Brooke has, but she won't tell me where. She said it's a surprise. All I know is that we are leaving tomorrow morning.

Matthew - That sounds like fun. We are leaving tonight.

Kaycee - So I have a question.

Matthew - Ok? What's up?

Kaycee - Why didn't you tell me who you were?

Matthew - You found out?

Kaycee - Yes, it's kind of hard not to when you're on the cover of magazines.

Matthew - I usually don't tell people right away. They tend to treat me differently.

Kaycee - I get that.

"You guys are totally going to fall in love." Brooke said. She got up and started to walk out of my room.

"Shut up. Where are you going?"

"I'm going to make sure everything is ready for this weekend."

"Okay.."

"What's wrong?" She stopped at the door.

"What if I need you?"

"You don't need me." She laughed. "Just be yourself. And if he doesn't like that then he's not good enough."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Anytime."

Brooke always knew what to say when I wasn't feeling confident. Growing up I was always the shy and more reserved friend. Honestly, I still am, but I have come out of my shell quite a bit since we graduated high school and college.

Matthew and I talked until he had to catch his flight. I was really surprised at how easy it was to talk to him. We talked about all of the places he has traveled to. He said his favorite place has been Italy. I told him that it was on my bucket list to go to Italy. We talked about family, friends, goals, and so much. When he got on his plane I went to bed.