Chapter 5

Kaycee

    "Is that what you're wearing on the plane?" I asked Brooke. She was wearing a cold shoulder top, skinny jeans, and Michael Kors wedges.

    "Yes? Why? Is that what you're wearing?" She eyed my sweatpants.

    "Well, I wanted to be comfy on the plane. It's a four hour flight." I said as I was fidgeting with my drawstring.

    "Nope. Follow me." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind her while I groaned. "I love you, but I refuse to be seen with you like this."

    I rolled my eyes at her. "How does my appearance affect you?"

    "You're my wing woman. You've got to look good too." She unzipped my suitcase and started going through it.

    "Brooke, I literally just finished packing." I said as I was dodging clothes that she was throwing over her shoulders.

    "Put this on!" She walked over and handed me a black romper.

    "Fine." I sighed and took the romper. "But you have to repack my suitcase." I said as I walked to the bathroom to change.

    She laughed a little. "Okay. I can do that."

"We have to check out in an hour and I still haven't heard anything from the front desk from my phone." I said plopping down on the couch.

    "Do you want to call down there?"

    "I just did. They don't have it yet."

    "Do you want to call your phone again?"

    "No. I don't want to be a pest." I sighed.

    "Well, you need your phone. If you don't call I will." As she finished her sentence a knock came at the door.

    "Did you order room service?" I asked.

    "No, I didn't." She said as she got up and walked over to the door. "It's a really cute boy!" She squealed as she looked through the peephole.

    "What?" I asked. I jumped up and ran over to the door. "Oh my gosh. It's the guy from last night! I thought he was just going to drop it off downstairs. Why would he bring it up here?"

    "Maybe he thought you were cute! He's cute! Now open the door."

    "Okay. Okay. Shh!" I tried to fix my hair a little and I took a deep breath as I opened the door. "Hello?"

    He smiled and his blue eyes seemed to smile too. "Hey! I'm Matthew. I believe this belongs to you!." He handed me my phone.

    "Thank you so much! I thought I'd lost it forever!" I smiled.

    "Well, I'm glad I was able to return it." He ran his hand through his sandy brown hair. I could feel Brooke lurking behind me. I wonder if he felt as awkward as I did.

    "Would you like to come in?" I surprised myself by asking.

    "Uh yeah! Sure."

    "This is Brooke." Brooke stepped out from behind me and extended her hand out for a handshake.

    Matthew extended his hand out as well. "Hey. I'm Matthew."

    "So you're the guy who knocked my best friend off her feet last night."

    I turned my head towards her and she had a very amused look on her face.

"Yeah, that was me." He scratched the back of his head nervously. "I am so sorry about that. Me and my friends were goofing around and obviously not paying attention."