Chapter 16

Kaycee

The flight from Nashville to Myrtle Beach wasn't bad at all. I ended up falling asleep during Life As We Know It and slept the rest of the flight. We went to the hotel afterwards and Brooke told me to get ready because she had something planned for us to do.

"What am I supposed to wear?" I whined.

"Whatever you want. Something cute, but comfortable." She smiled. She was definitely up to something.

"Like a romper and wedges?"

"I would wear something flat. Your bell bottoms and a cute t-shirt would work. Now go take a shower." She turned me and pushed me towards my room.

"Fine." I groaned and kept walking.

Brooke and her dumb surprises were really starting to drive me crazy. I opened my suitcase and pulled out my white bell bottoms and a rolling stones t-shirt. I got out my black Vans and laid it all on the bed.

I took a shower and got ready pretty quick. I was so anxious about Brooke's surprise that I had completely forgotten to text Matthew back. I ran into the kitchen and got my phone out of my bag.

"I'll take that." Brooke walked by and snatched my phone out of my hand.

"What are you doing? Give it back?" I said.

"Nope. You'll get it back later." She dropped it in her purse. "You can text your boy back later. I want us to have fun. No phones."

"Seriously? Give it back." I griped.

"Nope." She smiled. "It's for your own good." She walked to the door.

"Oh my gosh. You are killing me, Brooke." I groaned as I grabbed my black Kate Spade crossbody.

We took a car to some big building. It looked like there was a line to get in. Brooke smiled huge as the driver opened the door.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she headed to the front of the line.

"Uhm, I guess so. But the line is back there." I pointed.

"Oh I know, but we aren't waiting in line. We have these." She shook two VIP passes.

"Where did you get those?"

"You'll see!" She smiled and showed the badges to the guy at the door.

"Go on in." He said motioning us in.

"Thank you." Brooke said and grabbed my hand. I could hear a bunch of the girls behind us groan as we walked in.

"Where are we?" I asked as we walked down a long hallway.

"Somewhere you're going to love me for bringing you. Now come on."

There was a door at the end of the hallway. You could hear music playing and could see the flash from a camera. When we walked in the door my jaw nearly hit the floor.

"Kaycee?"

"Matthew?"

"Surprise!" Brooke yelled behind us.

"This is your surprise?"

"Well, I didn't work alone." She winked at one of the boys standing behind Matthew.

"How? I can't believe this!"

"Drew? You had something to do with this?" Matthew turned to his friend.

"Hey, I just gave her the passes. She did the rest." He held his hands up. "I figured if you were going to talk about her so much you might as well see her again." Drew laughed a little as he said it.

"I can't believe you're here!" Matthew turned back towards me.

"Me either!"

"So, I'm assuming you guys are staying for the concert."

"I guess so. I'm apparently just along for the ride at this point."

"If you want to stay backstage you all are more than welcome." Matthew said.

"Yeah!" All of the guys behind him chimed in.

"Hell yes." Brooke said before I could answer. "Okay you two, time for a picture. This is supposed to be a meet and greet. There's a line of crazy fan girls waiting outside."

Brooke pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of us and then gave it back to me. Drew and Brooke high-fived as she walked past us.

"There is a lounge you can go hang out at before the show starts. This should only last about an hour or so."

"Okay! That sounds perfect." I smiled. I was still in shock. I could feel my heart trying to jump out of my chest.

He leaned in and gave me a hug. Then whispered, "I'm happy you're here."

"Me too." I could feel myself blushing.

One of the crew members showed us to the lounge and told us to help ourselves to any of the refreshments.

"I can't believe you did this." I said to Brooke when we were alone.

"I can't believe I pulled it off. Do you know how hard it is to keep a secret from you when you're asking fifteen million questions."

"You know I hate surprises." I shrugged.

"I know, but this was a good one. Wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it was pretty good." I leaned back on the couch. I was pretty excited. This was my second chance to impress him.