Chapter 15

Matthew

    We had an interview with a radio show after our plane landed. We were starting the second half of our tour. So they had a lot of questions about new music coming out and we just told them to stay tuned. To be honest we had been in the studio just about every day, but I had barely contributed any ideas. I felt bad, but the writer's block was real.

    "So, who in the group has girlfriends. All of your fans are dying to know." The host asked.

    We all sat there quietly and looked at each other. This was probably the most frequently asked question. Everyone always assumed from pictures and rumors, but most of the time they were wrong.

    "Oh come on. Drew?"

    "I'm single." He laughed and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. Drew was always pretty quiet about his personal life. He was definitely the flirt of the group.

    "Not for lack of trying." Josh mumbled and we all laughed.

    "Matthew?"

    Oh great. "I am too."

    "Really? We have been seeing a lot of pictures with you and a certain actress." The host pried.

    He was talking about Ashley Smith. The label had been trying to set us up for months. She had been in one of our music videos and they thought that it would be great P.R. We had gone out on a couple of dates and it just didn't really click.

    "We've hung out, but we are just friends." I could feel my manager staring a hole through me. I'm sure he wasn't too happy with that answer, but I wasn't going to lead her on and make it seem like we were something else.

    "Alright, well our time is up. Thank you guys for coming on the show. I hope you guys have a great concert."

    "Thank you. Thanks for having us." We all said.