Chapter IX

I woke up with sweat pouring down my face. I could taste the salt as if it had been building for hours. The only thing was, I couldn't remember what made me sweat.

I went to go get some water, but I heard something in the common room that made me stop and listen.

I heard the main door close, so I decided to check it out. It didn't look like anyone had walked in the common room, so I assumed that meant that someone walked out.

I stuck my head behind the door and jumped when I heard a loud thump next to me. I turned my head and saw that Malfoy had just kicked the wall.
"What'd the wall do to you?" I asked as I shut the door behind me.

"Go away, Red." He instructed without paying any attention to my existence.
"Ouch, no snarky remark? That's painful.." I held my right hand over my chest.

He didn't even answer me before walking away. "Okay," I sighed to myself before running up beside him to catch up. "Tell me what's going on."

"No."

"No?"

"Do you want me to say it in Spanish?"

"No."

"Then shut up and go away."

"No."

"No?"

"Do you want me to say it in French?"

"No."

"Then shut up and let me follow you."

"No."

"No?"

"Do you want me to say it in German?"

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes."

"I.. Just go away!"

I laughed at his flustered state. "Look, I understand why you were mad at me yesterday, and--"

"You do?"

"Yeah," I lied.

"Oh, really?" He stopped walking and turned to me with his arms crossed.

"Do you want me to say it in Spanish?"

"Yes."

"I- I don't know Spanish."

"Then don't bloody offer!" He threw his hands down and continued walking.

"Okay, okay. Fine, I don't know why you were mad at me, but I can take a gander- So I forgive you."

"I don't need your forgiveness," He hissed without looking at me.

"I'm just trying to be nice, Draco--"

"It's Malfoy," He corrected.

I felt like something pinched my heart, so I stopped walking while Malfoy continued. "I'll see you in class," I called after him as I walked back to the common room.

I forgot about grabbing a bottle of water, even though my mouth still felt like cotton. I plopped down on my bed and ignored the noise around me. I just want peace and quiet.

When I woke up, I felt like shit. I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my hands but it only made me feel worse.

I went to the bathroom to see how puffy my eyes looked. An allergic reaction? I shook my head, knowing I wasn't allergic to anything.

I sluggishly threw my robes over my arms as I simultaneously grabbed my books. If I didn't make it to class within three minutes, I'd be late.

My back pushed open the door as I continued to fight with the items in my hand. Everyone's attention turned to me, and my eyes caught Snape's.