Chapter XI

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling with a blank expression.The exhaustion was overwhelming, but I still hadn't been able to fall asleep yet. Every time my eyes closed, I felt obligated to open them again.

Eventually, I got tired of the silence, so I went down to the common room. I noticed Malfoy resting in front of the lit fireplace, his expression stoic.

I sat down next to him, but said nothing. I was sure he noticed me, but he didn't say anything either.

"Did you light that?" I asked, fed up with the silence once more.

I looked at him in my peripheral vision to see him nod. I shifted my eyes up at the ceiling, feeling comforted by the fact that I wasn't alone.

"It's been a while since we, you know, talked here," I said.

"I thought we weren't going to talk about that."

I felt the cushions shift, so I looked to see he had also leaned back to stare at the ceiling.

"I know, but.. If I'm being honest, I like those moments- These moments."

"You like being alone with me?" His questioning tone told me he had an eyebrow raised, as if to dare me to say more. I accepted, since my exhaustion pushed me past the limit of caring.

"I do. You're a better person," I paused. "You're less annoying."

"You're the annoying one."

"Please," I began. "Can we not fight? I can't sleep, I need this."

He stayed silent for a moment. "Is it the nightmares?"

I shook my head, "No. I just can't, for some reason. You know?"

"I know," He repeated. "No matter how tired I am, I just can't close my eyes long enough to sleep."

"Exactly." I paused again. "Hey, do you- Nevermind."

He just hummed, reassuring it was okay to speak. It's not like we'll talk about it, anyways.

I sighed, "Did you ever fall asleep? Like, after these talks, I fell asleep. Did you?"

"Sometimes," He answered. "While, others, I get worried--" He cut himself off.

I just hummed, doing the same thing he did.

"I worry that they'll see us, and realize that-- I mean, think that we don't hate each other."

"I don't hate you,. I just strongly dislike you," I chuckled a bit. "Though, sometimes I do like you. You're not being a bitch right now, for example."

He didn't reply.

"Would you rather I said I still hate you?"

"Yes, it makes everything much easier."

I paused. It's so much easier to get along, right? Well, not for Draco. He is a Malfoy, after all.

"That makes sense," I replied. "You kind of remind me of a Gemini."

He didn't say anything, but I knew he was listening.

"Gemini's a twin. You act like one twin around other people, then the other twin when you're around me."

"I told you, I just don't feel like arguing when I'm tired."

"Well, aren't you tired of arguing?"

"No," He replied shortly.

"I'll admit, it's fun making the Draco Malfoy speechless, but sometimes it sucks. Because, I don't think about when I go speechless."

"I don't go speechless."

"You do, in some ways. When I bring up something you didn't expect, your snarky grin falters. You then change the subject, so you have something else to outsmart me in."

"Stop reading me, Picasso."

"Stop being so readable, Draco."

"Well, I know you have nightmares about that Gryffindor friend of yours." He said, trying to outsmart me.

"Mmhm," I hummed. "I'm pretty sure I told you that."

"You hate silence."

"What?"

"Whenever the room gets too silent, you hum. You do it quietly, like you don't want anyone to notice."

"Yet you noticed?"

"Well, of course I did, since all you do is cling to my arm."

"I don't do that," I deadpanned without removing my eyes from the ceiling.

"What are you doing right now?"

I looked down to see our arms touching slightly, which I hadn't even noticed.

"Scoot away if you're so uncomfortable."

"I never said I was uncomfortable."