Chapter XXI

Double update because I feel bad for leaving on a short one after not updating for a while, even though I should be sleeping.

----

"We need to talk."

I scooted over an inch on the couch, even though I only took up one cushion. "Sit," I patted next to me.

"No."

"Wha--"

"--Not here."

I rolled my eyes, "Okay...?"

He rolled his eyes, "Get up." He walked over and stood in front of me, waiting for me to obligue.

"No."

"I said get up."

"I'm not going to listen to you. At least tell me what's so important."

He narrowed his eyes at me, his demeanor changing to one that's daring. "Get up."

"Only because I want to know what you want to talk about," I defended as I stood up, placing the book on an end table before following him as he walked out the door.

Eventually, we reached the same vacant room I had pulled him into yesterday. He walked in first, so I followed behind him, growing nervous now.

"You can't tell people you turned me down."

"That's what this is about?" I laughed. "Piss off." I turned around but he rushed in front of me.

"That's not what I want to talk about. I just wanted to get that out of the way first. So, do you understand?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"Uh, no."

He stepped forward, trying to intimidate me, and only mildly succeeding. "You didn't turn me down, I turned you down. You're spreading false rumors."

"I told Blaise what happened."

"He told me what you told Pansy."

"She just assumed, and I didn't want to make her mad. She said you looked all sad, and assumed I did it."

"Well, she was wrong."

"I know."

"There are only a few days until break, so for everyone's sake, keep your bloody trap shut."

"Just get to the point, youre pissing me off."

"Blaise said I should... apologize."

"I'd put money on saying that's not what you're doing."

"Put money on it, then."

"Twenty pounds," I dared.

"Deal."

"Go on, blondie."

"I'm..." He trailed off.

I laughed as I sat down on a desk behind me, "This is going to be good."

"Accept my apology."

"Booo," I spat. "That was bad. I need the words 'I'm sorry.'"

"I don't need to apologize."

"Then pocket me twenty pounds, Malfoy."

"I'm sorry," He rushed as quickly as a cough.

"What was that?" I asked, hand to ear.

"Pocket me my twenty pounds," He mocked, ignoring the question.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll get it to you when we go back to the common, I don't have any money on me."