Chapter XXIV

"BINGO!" Professor McGonagall yelled from the table across from me. Everyone in the cafeteria groaned.

"Not again," Nevel Longbottom whined from next to her.

"This is boring," I complained to the Slytherins sitting next to me. Pansy nodded.

"I know what'll spice it up," Blaise nugged my shoulder from his spot on the bench next to me. I looked at him, quirking an eyebrow as I waited for him to continue. He leaned down and whispered into my ear, "Go get your boy toy to come play with you."

My face flushed red as I smacked his arm, "Piss off."

"What did you say to her?" Bulstrode asked from across the table, very interested in what caused me to blush so hard.

Blaise just shook his head. He tapped my shoulder and then whispered again, "Just go get him. You know he'll have some good ideas."

I rolled my eyes, but stood up anyways. "I'll be back," I announced.

"Possibly with, or without, a sassy blond next to her," Blaise added. I chuckled as I walked off, leaving the crowd as they decided on what game to play next.

Once I arrived to the door, I answered the painting and walked through the large door. The empty and eerily-quiet common room gave me goosebumps. Despite being used to it empty at night, it was worse because it felt like I was completely alone.

I got a flashback of when I had struggled to open the door a while ago, and Blaise had to help me out. I had a panick attack because I felt alone and trapped, since I didn't know anyone else was with me.

Nothing.

That's what I fear most.

Quickly, I rushed up the stairs to the boys' dorms and made my way down the hall to Draco's dorm. I knocked on the door, but as I did it opened gently. The door hadn't been shut all the way, which immediately made me start to worry.

"Draco," I called out as I slowly stepped into his room, announcing my presence. "Draco, are you alright?"

I opened his bathroom door, the only other door in his room, cautiously. "Draco?"

There, he stood over the sink, hair wet as he splashed more water in his face. He seemed frustrated with himself.

He hadn't heard me come in or calling his name over the sound of his sink running, so he had yet to notice me. I took this time to analyze him a bit more.

The blond was wearing a black tanktop with grey sweatpants. His pants were slightly damp in random spots, making it obvious some water had splashed away from his face and onto him.

I leaned against the doorframe with my arms crossed, waiting to find the right time to announce myself. I noticed a tattoo on his wrist, but couldn't get a good look before he punched the wall next to his mirror. He winced his hand back in pain.

"Fuck," I cursed out as I ran up to him. "Are you alright?"

"What--" He backed away from me. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Not long, I just saw you punch the wall, though. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, now go away."

"No."

"What?" He stared down at me, daring me to stay, but also asking me not to leave.

I grabbed his arm, "What's going on with you? You've been so frustrated."

"It doesn't pertain to you, now back off."

"Draco, please--"

"I said back off," He stepped forward, trying to back me away, but I stayed put.