Chapter XXXIV

I wasn't sure what position I went to sleep in, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the floor. When I woke up, I had been laying next to the bed on a pile of dirty clothes. It was oddly comfortable, but the smell weighed out the softness and I got up quickly.

Fred was sprawled out in his bed, definitely enjoying his space, while George was sleeping in a fetus position. "Cute," I muttered to myself. I turned and left the room. My clothes were in the living room, so I had to go down there to grab them before I could change. I didn't realize until a few minutes later, but I should have just gone back to sleep.

"Red!" Mrs. Weasley greeted with a smile. I froze, but when I saw how happy she looked, I concluded that she wasn't mad at me for sleeping in her sons' room. She was honestly just so kind. The thought of asking her to adopt me came into my head, but there'd be no way. What if Potter's right to not trust me? I am in Slytherin.

"Mrs. Weasley," I called back, fighting the urge to call her mom. A strong scent wandered up my nose and an immediate smile appeared on my face, "Is that bacon?"

"Oh, that's what I wanted to ask! Do you like Bacon? I've got--"

"Yes," I chimed, accidentally cutting her off. "Sorry."

She smiled, "Don't apologize, silly. I--" Before she could say more, her eyes locked into something behind me and she seemed to forget she was talking to me. I turned around to see Potter. The first thought that came into my head was Draco. His reaction to me living under the same room as the person he hated the most for two weeks.

Two weeks.

Bloody hell, I don't know if I can survive two weeks of this. I enjoy the Weasley's, even Ron's not too bad, but it's that stupid Potter who'll be the death of me. If I told Draco about Potter being here, would be want me to leave or torture the boy?

Mrs. Weasley had walked past me and was suffocating the Chosen One in her arms in a tight hug. I could only feel relieved that it wasn't me. She obviously favored him-- not over just me, but her children too. It was wrong, but I had a mother like that too, so saying anything would only make it worse.

I smiled at her-- despite her not noticing-- before turning around to grab clean clothes from my backpack. I left to the bathroom and changed into them. They weren't fancy. Just a long-sleeved t-shirt and some trousers. I didn't want to wear sweatpants and seem disrespectful to the family, so I left those at Hogwarts.

After I stepped out of the bathroom, I saw Mrs. Weasley hugging both the twins incredibly hard. It looked like she was worried that if she let go, something would happen to them.

I wish my mom loved me. Not like that, because that would be too much to ask, but even a little bit would be worth everything. Just to see her look at me and smile, I'd trade my own limbs. Maybe then, she'd take care of me like I'd always wished she would. Not wanting to ruin the moment between the family, I backed up into the bathroom again. And cried.

It must have been a long time, because after I had finally stopped, someone knocked on the door. "Are you alright in there?"

George. I smiled at his voice. It's alright that my mother doesn't love me, despite how bad it sounds, because these guys do. They're my family.

I opened the door and saw both Fred and George standing there, their eyes widened when they saw me. "Were you crying?" George gently grabbed my face and turned it side to side while, inspecting me, Fred was also looking closely at my features.

"S-stop," I stuttered, throwing George's hands off of me. "I appreciate the concern, but I merely just sneezed."

"Oh," They replied in unison.