Chapter XXX

"THAT'S NOT FAIR, HOW CAN YOU BEAT A WILD CARD?" Fred yelled, throwing his hand of cards down on the table to reveal he just had a blue six left.

"Exactly," George smirked, leaning back in his seat victoriously.

"A draw-two would suffice," I answered simply. I sat my cards down on the table face-up to reveal I had a draw-two, and then four yellow cards.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU PLACE IT!?"

"I ENJOY SEEING YOU SUFFER."

Silence filled the room. Then laughter. We were in my dorm to avoid them getting caught, despite us being so loud. We had been playing Uno for an hour, with George repeatedly winning and me occasionally winning while Fred suffered the entire time because he wasn't winning.

"What time is it?" George asked, changing the subject ater the laughter died down.

"Around seven, why?" I answered, barely sparing a glance at my alarm clock which neither of them seemed to notice.

"We should get going," Fred stood up, motioning for his brother to do the same. I couldn't help but poke out my bottom lip in silent retaliation.

"Yeah," George agreed as he stood up too. He dusted himself off before bending down and helping me gather up the randomly-placed Uno cards all over the bed we were playing on (my bed).

"Ahh," I dragged out dramatically. "What will I do without you two?"

"You could come with us," Fred offered.

"Fred!" George scolded through gritted teeth.

"No, no. It's okay, I'll just study. Gotta stay top of the class," I pulled my lips into a flat line as I unenthusiastically pumped my fist into the air.

"You're top of the class?" George asked, sounding surprised.

"No," I pouted. "But with these free two weeks I have, I will be!"

"We'd invite you," George began. "But we shouldn't even be here." He leaned down next to the bed and picked up the pans they 'borrowed' from the canteen.

"What are those pans for, anyway?" I decided to ask.

"We kind of broke our mum's pans," George dragged out the 'kind of.'

"Kind of?"

"We obliterated them," Fred elaborated.

"Ah," I nodded in understandment.

"Actually," Fred spoke, stopping his brother as he was about to leave the room. "We could say we left to get her?"

"We weren't even supposed to have left," George reminded.

"But look at her," He spoke as if I were a puppy in a pound. "She'll be so alone without us."

"I--" I got cut off.

"But mum will give us the look," George rebutted.

"Not the look," I adlibbed.

"The look," George nodded as he looked at me, so I nodded in return.

"She'll beat us no matter what we do, I assume she's already found our stuffed pillows."

"Why would she move the blankets?"

"She could have noticed the pillows weren't breathing.."

"You did not put pillows under your blanket as a way to make it look like you were sleeping," I gasped. "Tell me you didn't."

"We did," The two said in sync with a shared disappointed sigh.

"It's not like we could use our wands," Fred spoke.