Chapter XIX

"There's nothing."

"What?"

"I mean, nothing's wrong." I stood up, brushing off the hand he had on my back. "I'm completely fine. I apologize for worrying you."

"I'm honestly very lost. You weren't fine a second ago, and now you're completely fine?"

"Yup," I walked out the open door, that Blaise had just previously opened with his spell. I turned to see him standing in the same spot, staring at the ground, baffled by what just happened. "You coming or not?"

He looked up at me, blinked, then proceeded to walk towards me. "Yeah, sorry. Just thinking." He nodded at me as he walked past me, so I turned and followed him.

Before the walk could go quiet (excluding the talking paintings, of course), I started conversation. "Don't bring that up again, please."

"Bring what up?"

"What happened in the common room two seconds ago."

"We were in the common room two seconds ago? I thought we just appeared out here."

I smiled to myself when I realized what he meant, "Thank you."

"Of course, Red. What are friends for?"

This made me look up at him, and I saw he was looking forward. He couldn't see the dumbfounded look on my face.

Friends. How sweet..

We made it to class, and I ended up sitting between Crabbe and Draco. I couldn't stop glancing at the blond beside me, spacing off to think about the happenings in the night prior. I looked down at his hands that rested on the table in front of us, and imagined them gripping my throat in that gentle, yet fulfilling, way. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to wash out the thoughts.

"Psst."

I followed the voice to someone sitting behind me. It was Bulstrode.

"Psst, Red," She repeated, her eyes still on the professor in front so she couldnt see I was looking at her. She looked down at me and smiled, "Thanks for last night."

Without thinking, I nodded and said, "You too."

She looked confused, so I smiled and looked away awkwardly. It was about as bad as telling a homeless man "you too" after he said "have a safe walk home," Except he was a fake homeless man who had a home and you just accidentally outed him.

Was that too specific?

I looked over to my right again, just to glance at Draco, but he was already looking at me. Fuck.

"What happened last night?" He asked.

My mind wondered to what happened in the hallway, but I shook it off, knowing he wasnt referencing that.

"None of your business," I waved him off, feeling as though telling him would be disloyal to the girl behind me.

"Tell me," His eyes narrowed down on mine.

I have to admit, it was hot, but I shook my head. "Not gonna."

He put his hand on my lower thigh, just above my knee, but it was enough. I could feel my leg heat up and the nerves tingling where his hand was. I squeeked, "I--"

"She let me sleep in her room last night," Bulstrode chimed from behind me.

Draco removed his hand and looked me up and down before looking back at the professor. He said nothing.

Why was he being so nosy, anyway? To be honest, it made me upset.

I elbowed the blond, and he glared at me in response. "Why did you need to know," I asked in a whisper.