Chapter IV

I had been eating my food, listening to the voices around me- Mainly to hear them say something that can be used against them if needed- When some bloke decided to speak to me of all people.

"Red," A voice beside me called. I turned around, highly unamused, but curious at the same time. "Are you going home for the holidays?"

I stared at them. I didn't know their name, or why they're talking to me, but I didn't feel like having more social interaction than needed. "No," I said as I turned back to my food.

There were muffled whispers, but I didn't care to try and decode them. I'm almost positive I heard a 'draco' somewhere, but I don't know.

"Are you staying at Hogwarts for the holidays?" The voice asked again. I just nodded my head, not even caring to spare them a glance.

I looked up for a split second and met eyes with Malfoy. He was just staring at me while I was eating. "Creep," I accused.

Either he didn't hear me, or he didn't care to answer, because he went back to his food- As did I.

After lunch, I was on my way to class when I overheard Malfoy talking to that guy who was interrogating me at lunch. I hid behind a nearby corner and listened in.

"She's just staying at Hogwarts," The one dude informed Malfoy. "She's not going home?" Draco questioned, and the dude just shrugged. He sighed, looking behind the dude and almost locking eyes with me. I quickly turned to hide behind the wall. My heart beat started to get faster as I waited to hear Malfoy say something else.

"Come on out, Picasso." Draco called. I didn't move. Only when he appeared beside me was when I was able to even blink.

"Oh, Malfoy! What a coincidence! I was just leaving.." I tried to speed walk past him, but he held his arm out, and I didn't feel like going against the current of all the students rushing to their next class, so I stayed.

"What now, Malfoy?" I groaned.

He sighed, "Why do you always assume I want something?"

"Why else would you stop me from going to my class?"

"Maybe because I caught you eavesdropping."

"It doesn't matter. I didn't hear anything important, anyway." I tried walking past him again, but he took my shoulders by his hands.

"Then why were you hiding?"

I didn't answer, which caused him to let out a chuckle.

"Do something useful and shove your wand up your ass." I pushing past him and walking to my next class.

Annoyingly, I sat next to Draco and his buddies in this class. The only upside is that he's the farthest one from me.
"Does Red not have a home to go to?" Goyle teased from beside me.

"Hogwarts is my home, Goyle." I deadpanned, not turning my head away from the professor.

I heard Goyle and Crabbe whisper something and then laugh about it- But I just ignored it.

"Something you'd like to share with the class, Goyle?" Professor Mcgonagall questioned, bringing the class's attention to my row.

Goyle's face turned beet red and he pursed his lips shut.

"Well, maybe Malfoy will tell us what he had to say. Malfoy?"

"He was joking about how Red doesn't know what her nickname means." Draco explained, a small smile plastered on his lips.

"And what might that mean, Draco?" Her eyebrows were raised, waiting for him to say something inappropriate.

"It means she has blood on her hands." Pansy Parkinson finished for him.

My first year at Hogwarts. I was on the train ride to the school, sitting next to someone I had never met before. She had long, blonde hair. Her eyes were light blue. She claimed she was from Russia, and her Russian accent backed her up. Her and I talked the whole train ride. She said I acted like a Gryffindor, and then explained what a Gryffindor was.

She said she really wanted to be in Gryffindor. Twenty-Six generations in her family had gotten that house, and she said she wanted them to be proud of her.

However, when we were sorted into our houses, I got Gryffindor, and she got Hufflepuff.

She was so upset about it, that she cried in the bathroom for half the day. I tried to comfort her, but she said there was nothing I could do. I didn't believe her, so I went to the headmaster and asked that he would switch her. But, as luck would have it, he couldn't.

I took it into my own hands to do a spell to change her personality to fit one of Gryffindor's. She told me not to do it, but I didn't listen. Every day, I would steal an ingredient from Professor Snape. He noticed, but he didn't recognize what they all would make.

When I finished it, I was so excited, that I had her drink the potion right away. She was so desperate that she did.
However, I messed up the potion, and it lead her to suicide.

The class was dead silent after what Pansy had said. It was so awkward. "Nice one, Malfoy." Granger hissed at him.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't blame him. He wasn't the one to give me the nickname." I looked at Malfoy who was talking with someone beside him. He probably didn't even hear what I said.

"Alright," Professor Mcgonagall began. She took a deep breath before saying the next word, "Transfiguration."