Chapter XXVIII

I ended up going down to the common and making it through to my dorm without getting caught. I switched to some clean underwear and read a book. Then, once it reached around 11, I went back down to go over to Draco's room and wake him up, but this plan was impeded.

"Someone had fun last night," Millicent (Bulstrode) teased.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I defended.

"Then, where are you going?" She teased, already knowing the answer.

"Blaise's room," I blatantly lied.

"Blaise isn't there," Blaise spoke up. He stood up from behind the couch, revealing himself.

I rolled my eyes, "Then I'll just be loitering in your room." With that, I walked off and knocked on Draco's door when I arrived.

"What," Was his short, grumbled response.

"May I come in?" I asked.

There was shuffling for about a minute, a loud bang, then the door flew open. "What is it?"

He stood with his arm resting on the open door, the black long-sleeve shirt with a green zip-up jacket over it he wore this morning, as well as the same blue jeans. The only difference was his hair had been brushed and he looked like he had just woken up. A small strand was stick up on his head, so without warning, I reached over and brushed it down. Neither of us said anything about it.

"I was just making sure you were awake."

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" He opened his door wider, inviting me in, so I took it and sat down on his bed.

"It was obvious you didn't get much sleep. You slept on the ground and were up before me."

"Whatever," He went silent as he sat down next to me. I watched as he, after a moment of silence, turned around and laid against the headboard, his eyes resting on me.

"I'm gonna miss you," I blurted out. As soon as I did, I tried to redeem myself. "The bickering and stuff and not being able to fight with you. It's fun annoying you. You know? Nothing else. I'm just hungover, that's why I said it like that."

"Me too."

"The 'I miss you' part or the hungover part? Unless you meant the 'not bickering' part.." His eyes stayed in me as I rambled so I quickly looked away towards the floor and mumbled, "Sorry."

"I guess I'll miss you."

"Oh." Despite my calm demeanor, my heart was fluttering. I blamed it on my hungover state, though.

"How's your head?"

"Huh?" I looked back over at him to see him still looking at me, sympathy taking over his eyes.

"How. Does. Your. Head. Feel?" He enunciated slowly.

"Shut up, I'm not a child. I had a migraine earlier, but it's gone now."

"Good-- Cool, whatever."

"Whatever," I repeated.

"Whatever," He mocked in a high-pitch voice.

"I'll curse you," I threatened.

"Sure you will," He nodded slowly as if encouraging a child.

I pulled myself onto the bed completely and got on top of him, holding myself up over his body with my arms next to his head. "I'm very intimidating," I glared.

Draco smiled-- genuinely smiled at that. "Not really," He teased. A drop of water then fell onto his forehead. "You're still wet," He decided to remind me.