Chapter XVII

Fluff

On Tuesday night, after curfew, I dressed in a black sweater, black skinny jeans, black combat boots, and a beanie. It was my ideal cat-burglar outfit, so I went with it.

Once I got to the common room, I looked up the stairs to the boys dorms to see no one was there. I searched around unnecessary places in the common, as if someone could hide under a bookshelf, or underneath the couch cushions.

When I saw that the coast was clear, I rushed out the door. Ignoring the talking paintings, I jogged up the stairs to the correct floor. After just a few minutes, I had arrived at my destination.

I pulled out a necklace from my pocket and enchanted it with Avenseguim. This spell was something I read about in one of the books laying around the common room, it was supposed to help me track what I desire.

After I shut the room door behind me, I found myself surrounded by bottles and jars of unknown herbs. The first one on my list was lavender. I planned to wait a day until taking anything else, even if I'll be hiding the fact that I took it with a glamour.

I looked at my dull-lit necklace and walked around the room, waiting for it to get brighter. After a while, I caught it blinking, ever-so-slightly getting lighter before going dull again.

I followed the necklace to the door. It confused me, but due to me being desperate, I didn't stop using it.

I stood at the door, but didn't open it. I watched as the light got brighter and brighter without me moving. The thought crossed my mind, "What if Snape is on his way with Lavender right now?"

Instead of hiding in the tight space, I rushed out of the room and turned the corner, thinking I was safe. Unfortunately, this swift movement, caused me to run straight into someone.

Before apologizing, I looked up to see who it was.

"Draco?" I asked, unsure if I was seeing it correctly.

"(Y/N)?" He asked, spitting out my real name. It was weird to hear him call me that, but I was too busy running from Snape to say anything.

Speaking if Snape, I looked back down to see that the necklace was glowing so bright, it almost hurt to look at. Draco noticed it too.

"I think your necklace is leaking sunlight," Draco said as he sheilded his eyes. I quickly jumped up and ran behind him, trying to hide from Snape.

That's when the necklace got brighter.

Draco backed away from me in confusion, which consequently made the light from the necklace get a bit duller, but not by a lot.

"Fuck," I cursed, throwing the necklace to the ground in anger. "That spell didn't even work."

"What? What's going on?"

"Nothing," I sighed. "Absolutely nothing."

"It's obviously something, so spill." Draco stepped closer, and the necklace got really bright as he stood over it, before suddenly turning off- The spell wore out.

"Avenseguim," Draco acknowledged. "And to whom does this belong?" He had a knowing look on his face, one that consisted of a smirk, but he didn't assume anything out loud.

"It's mine," I admitted shamelessly. "The stupid thing was supposed to lead me to Lavender."

"You really expected your most desired thing to be Lavender?" Draco teased. "No, it... It looks like you desire me."

I felt my face heat up at his words. My own necklace wouldn't out me, would it? Even so, I don't desire Draco. I had my intentions set on Lavender, Draco wasn't even on my mind. Spells are so confusing.

"No, you must have been on my mind when I did it," I lied.

"Nope, that's not how the spell works." He leaned down, putting his face only centimeters from mine. I didn't have the courage, nor want, to pull away, so I stayed.

Draco's eyes stared into mine, and I stared back. Part of me felt like it was a competition, while the other said it was romantic. I really hoped it was the former, or else the situation would turn awkward real quick.

"Tell me.. Why were you using this spell, princess?"

My eyes widened, and I stumbled back. The petname definitely got to me, and he could tell.

"I was looking for Lavender," I reminded.

"Ah, that's not what I meant. Why do you need lavender?" He walked closer, and I backed up again. Obviously, I backed up into the wall, and he now had advantage over me. He leaned down, ever-so-slightly, to meet my eyes and stayed in that position, waiting for me to answer.

My mind told me to answer, but my body wanted me to stay quiet. It wanted Draco to stay there and not back away or leave me.

"I'm waiting," He pushed. His eyebrows irked and it definitely intimidated me.

"A potion," I muttered.

He leaned closer, "A what?"

"A potion," I repeated louder.

He leaned in close to my ear, and he paused. His mouth was agape, and I felt his breath hit my neck, causing shivers to ripple down my spine.

"What potion?"

I began to stutter, "Uh- S- The- Uhm... Fuck."

He refused to move away from my neck, and I couldn't think straight at all. The thought of him doing anything else sent shivers down my legs as well. I felt like I was shaking, but didn't have any room to look down at myself and check.

"Spit it out," He dared. Draco breathed out a slow breath on my neck again.

By this point, I forgot the name of the potion, so I did what I could to answer. "The one we brewed in Snape's class yesterday?"

"Calming Draught," Draco backed up. "Is it because of your nightmares?" He stepped back, so there was now a comfortable amount of space between us. Well, comfortable for him.

I crossed my legs as I spoke, without realizing it, "Yeah." I nodded, trying to sooth my weird urge to kiss him by doing other actions. I squished my thighs together, which caused Draco to eye my up and down. He smirked at me once his eyes met mine again.

He took a small step forward, "You know stealing from Hogwarts is against the rules, right?"

Even though it felt like he was threatening me, him stepping forward seemed to distract me. I bit my bottom lip and nodded, but said nothing.

Draco took another step forward, so now I could feel his breath just slightly brushing my hair. "Answer me."

I nodded, "Yes."

"Good girl," He took one more step, and this time, his hand found my shoulder. Just when I thought it was to comfort me, his hand slowly went up to my throat, and he pushed me further into the brick wall.

Something about him calling me that made me lose some control. A small sound slipped past my lips, which Draco seemed to like. He used his hand on my neck and slid it up to my chin, forcing me to look at him.

He brushed his thumb over my bottom lip, making me poke it out as if I was pouting. "Shh," He hushed. "We don't want anyone to hear us."

I nodded in agreement, sucking my bottom lip back in by biting it.

Draco squeezed my throat, just enough to cut off the blood flow, but still leaving room for me to breathe. I closed my eyes tightly, only to open them again when Draco let go and backed up.

"We need to get back to the common," He whispered, walking away to the stairs. He stopped walking and turned his head to the side, staring at me through his peripheral as I stayed still in disbelief. "You coming?"

I nodded and snapped out of my daze. "Yeah," I jogged up to him.

"Good girl," He complimented in a low voice. I would have thought it was just to whisper, had he not said it before and known I liked it.

I walked a foot behind him as we walked back to our common room. The entire walk was silent, and filled with some sort of tension.