CHAPTER XIII

When Blaise got back first, he sat the alcohol underneath the table. I threw an unused blanket over it to cover up the booze, while Malfloy, surprisingly, grabbed the snacks for Blaise to put on the table.

"How do you know Snape isn't just going to waltz in?" I asked while reorganizing the chips and salsa that Blaise had just placed down.

"What is this, America?" Blaise teased. "We don't get random drug searches, we'll be fine."

"And if he comes in for," I nodded my head to Draco. His eyes lit up, as if shocked I was mentioning him. "Him?"

"Why would he do that?" Blaise asked, looking at his blond friend to see if he knew what I was talking about.

"He's his favorite student afterall," I reminded.

Draco scoffed, but said nothing. Blaise only nodded in agreement as he watched me reorganize the rest of the table.

"You gonna re-arrange the beer too?" Blaise teased.

"You got beer?" Malfoy asked in disgust.

"Didn't take you for a drinker," I chimed in towards Draco.

"It's beer and some other stuff," Blaise winked at us.

"F- Seriously?" I spit out in surprise. "Please tell me you have a plan for if Snape does appear."

"Relax, princess," Blaise put his hand on my shoulder. "I've got it."

I could only nod while I plopped down next to Draco, this time, I was two cushions away.

Draco eyed me up and down, before turning his head back to watch Blaise as he left the room for another errand.

"He's really putting his all into this, huh?" I asked, watching Draco's eyes follow the boy.

"Pretty sure he's got a thing for one of the girls," He spoke. His eyes turned to me, then quickly averted to the ceiling at the eye contact.

"He's not much of a romantic, is he?" I asked, leaning my head on the back of the couch to watch the light on the ceiling shift with the light from the fire-pit.

"He tries..." The blond trailed off. "Why are you making conversation with me?"

"The silence," I stated blankly.

"Not used to it?"

"Too used to it."

"I GOT THE LIGHTS," Blaise shouted shamelessly as he skipped down the stairs.

"Did that fill the silence?" I turned my head to face him, just in time to see him do the same- Our eyes locked.

I only rolled my eyes with a small smirk, but didnt look away. Blaise sat between us, wiggling his way onto the second cushion of the couch.

I eyed him, but said nothing as I looked back towards the ceiling; I could see Draco do the same in my peripheral vision.

"I'll just have Pansy do it," Blaise sighed as he kicked his feet onto the coffee table in front of us.

That's when Pansy Parkinson bursted through the door, Bulstrode a few strides behind.

"W--" Bulstrode was cut off by the brunette in front of her.

"We got it," She huffed out.

I stood up quickly, "And that's my cue to leave!"

The fear of getting in trouble lead me to exit out the front door, instead of heading to my dorm.

"What about the party?" Blaise called after me.

"I'll be back in time," I waved him off before the door shut in my face.