Chapter XXXVII

"Good morning, Draco."

"Good morning, Red."

I sat in the common room with Blaise and Bulstrode. Silence was my key goal. They couldn't know what happened between he and I, Draco couldn't even bring it up when we were alone.

Blaise was the first to notice the awkward silence, "Okay, spill. What happened between you two?"

Draco was grabbing a bottle of water from the mini fridge. I watched him closely, admiring everything about the way he moves and the way his hair moves with him.

"Nothing," I answered while the blond remained silent.

"Draco," Blaise turned. "Any objections?"

"None," Draco responded as he sat on the same couch as me, two cushions between us.

"Then something is definitely wrong," Blaise rolled his eyes. "There's always some argument between you two, that's normal. The sudden resolve is scaring me."

"Good," Draco and I deadpanned at the same time. Not even the twinning was enough to make us look at each other. We hadn't exchanged eye contact in over 14 hours.

Blaise took this as a sign to just stop talking, which I was grateful for. The only thing bothering me after that was Draco. He sat next to me like he wanted to make it awkward, but far enough away that it was obvious he didn't want to sit next to me.

Does he want to talk to me?

"So, Malfoy," Bulstrode spoke. She eyed me up and down with a smirk before looking at Draco. "Do you have any idea as to why I walked in on your girlfriend screaming into her pillow last night?"

I cut in, "YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOCKED!"

"Oh, that sounds familiar," Draco smirked.

I got a flashback to when I walked in on him shirtless in the bathroom. I could feel my face heat up and I, was sure everyone in the room noticed, the embarassing part was that Draco noticed. I caught him glancing at me as I looked away, but he looked away when I turned back.

"Okay, first off- What?" Blaise coughed.

I shook my head vigorously, "He's just being an ass."

"I'm the ass?" He stood up from the couch and, for the first time, made direct eye contact with me.

"Yes," I stood up as well, asserting dominance in a very pathetic way. He was taller than me, yet I tried to threaten him by standing.

"And that's our cue to leave," Blaise whispered as he and Bulstrode both split into opposite directions towards their dorm. It was just Draco and I now.

"I'm the ass? You ignored me after we... You know," He whisper-yelled.

"I ignored you? You wouldn't make eye contact with me until we started arguing!" I defended, which only made him angrier.

"That's because you didn't look at me at all, you just avoided eye contact completely."

"Draco, I said good morning as soon as I saw you."

"I did too!"

"Then why are we fighting, we're obviously not ignoring each other!" I yelled, frustrated at this pointless anger.

"Fuck," With that last yell, he pulled me into another kiss. It was full of pure passion, maybe some frustration, but it felt like I was the only thing that mattered to him in that moment. I closed my eyes, feeling his warmth against mine as best as I could, and relaxed for the first time in a while.

I broke away first, "Were you upset because you thought you were going to lose me?" I asked gently, not wanting to fight anymore.

"I... I'm not sure."

That's when I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm never ever going to leave you, Draco. Never. Not in a million years, not for a million pounds, not even if it would make you happier without me. You mean way too much to me to ever let go." I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, breathing in his scent. He stiffened. It felt like he was hesitating, but to do what, I don't know.

He wrapped one arm around me, then used the other one to pat my head. It was slow, but it felt reassuring. "I know, Picasso."

"You know I'd never try to hurt you, right?"

"If you stop talking in my neck, maybe I could understand you enough to answer."

"Sorry," I pulled away from the hug, but he immediately grabbed me by the back of my neck and pulled me into the exact same position.

"That didn't mean move, I meant stop talking.. idiot."

"Oh..." I smiled as I slowly tilted my head away from his neck so I could ask one thing. "Can we do this in your room? I appreciate privacy."

He nodded, grabbed me by my hand, interlocked our fingers, and led us up the stairs. "By the way," He began, slightly looking back at me from his peripherals. "I saw you checking me out earlier." His smirk was prominent.

"I was not! I haven't a clue as to what--"

He put an index finger to my lips, "Shh... They'll hear us." That was enough to shut me right up. His shushing would sooth me to sleep in an instant.

I think I'm falling in love.

Once we got to Draco's dorm, he shut the door behind him and pushed me onto his bed by my shoulders. I looked up at him, expecting him to lay down next to me so we could cuddle. He used his hands and knees to crawl over me, then stopped right above me when our eyes matched up. He smiled and leaned down, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

I whined, "Give me more, silly."

"I won't be giving you anything, princess. That's not how I roll."

I leaned forward slightly, putting my weight on my forearms so I could hold myself up. "Then how do you roll, du--"

"You have to earn it."

"How did I earn the other kisses?"

"You were just so cute, I couldn't resist."

I felt my face heat up, "Draco! That's so cheesey.." I laid back down to cover my face with my hands, but when his fingers wrapped around my wrist to move them, I willingly complied.

"What about it?"

I just giggled, "You're more fun when we're alone."

"Yeah? Are you glad we talked in the common room?"

"I am. Draco, I need to tell you something."

"Should I be scared?" He backed off of me and sat at the end of the bed, I joined next to him. It felt instinctive when his hand immediately wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. I laid my head on his shoulder, the perfect width for my head.

"Don't be scared, I'm the one that's scared."

"What is it?"

"I don't want this to be the end of our story," I frowned. "I liked fighting for you."

"I'm the hottest man alive, do you really think you won't have to fight for me anymore?"

"Are you loyal?"

"I am," He eyed me up and down.

"Then, yeah. I do think that."

I looked up at him, I could see him staring off into space, like he was thinking really hard.

"Just tell me what it is, already."

"I love you too."